Please help 2010 2500 6.7 losing power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Wayte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
Anybody experience on a 2010 dodge 2500 diesel 6.7 codes: Po49D & P2701.
We cleaned EGR valve & it takes off good then may loose power. Sometimes it hesitates at take off. Appears to shift early, before 3500 rpms. Transmission guy thinks ground wire problem. Other mechanic says turbos out. Before spending a bunch of money any ideas?
Thanks
Tama

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
P2701 is transmission. This is from a reputable source on another forum so maybe it will help.

"P2701 is Inadequate Element Volume 2C, which basically means the 2C clutch requires way too little fluid volume in order to apply it. Typically, this is caused by the 2C piston return spring snap ring being dislodged (so the piston stays stroked and doesn't return to its normal position when released). They can drop the pan and valve body, apply shop air (about 30 psi) to the 2C clutch apply port (in the center bulkhead), and try to see if the piston is stroking normally. It's hard to see but there is one small window where I believe they can see the edge of the 2C clutch pack and piston. Unfortunately, if the snap ring is dislodged, you have to pull the trans to correct it.

There are two other possibilities for the P2701 fault, but neither one is likely. One is broken 2C accumulator piston springs, but the 2C accumulator has 2 springs, and the would BOTH have to break to give you the fault (which I have never seen happen). The other is a hydraulic leak into the 2C or 4C clutch passage, but normally that would cause a Pressure Switch fault, and such leaks (normally within the solenoid pack) are very rare. So the out-of-place snap ring is the most likely culprit."

OP
OP
P

Paul Wayte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
Thank you both for your feedback. I will talk to the mechanic & Explore options to fix it. I will keep everyone posted with results. If anybody else has any suggestions please feel free to post them up I appreciate everyone's time

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My suggestion is "don't listen to jejb" .:Nonono:

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins