Please Help before installing Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I was on Dodgetalk and saw a post for
How-To: 45RFE to 5-45RFE Transmission Upgrade
By: dmcelhannon Admin - David Mack
He said he completed a Superchip F5, Power Wire, AirRam Scoop, and Jeep TCM 45rfe to 5-45rfe modification.
I am looking to do the same and have all the pieces just look to do it correctly and was looking for guidance.
If anyone has the answers or some video/pics of simple things like where to plug power wire to and making sure I can just plug and go with TCM would be appreciated.

OP
OP
adamh3844

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Even though no one replied I will update this for anyone in the future interested and provide the results of what happen for me. Hopefully someone replies with steps on what to do next.
Installed
- Superchips F5 3845
- Airram Power Wire
- Airram Front Scoop
- Jeep GC '02 TCM
After installing the modifications I took it for a test drive. All my RPMs sit lower when coasting and they truck drives and feels great, shifts firmer, accelerates with power throughout RPM Band and can feel the difference in the transmission in both locking into OD and it is much more aggressive in shifts when at WOT and increased MPG close to 3, only problem is mph to rev ratio.
at 80mph the truck drives on the highway at just under 2000rpms.
It seems low and makes it difficult in wind or going up large hills (the transmission almost refuses to kick out of OD which is opposite from before the modifications)
I am also interested in doing future mods and was wondering if anyone had directions in what to do. planned on the following
- '07 intake manifold
- Port TB
- Flowmaster 44 Muffler and 2.5" Exhaust
May set truck to Tow mode on the Superchip and see what that does to MPG, RPMs, and overall performance.
Thanks for any tips and suggestions.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
You really want answers call Airram .com those folks can tell what to get what you want out a 4.7.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
The Phone Number is 817-800-7760 call between 9 am -1 pm .I hope they can help you.

Last edited: