Popping noise from speakers/dash area then stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elililibridge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yesterday my wife drove my 2020 ram 2500 diesel. She said she heard a loud pop sound from the speaker or dash area when she started the truck then drove about 50 feet when the truck died and the lightening bolt symbol car in the dash (electronic throttle control) came on. She said the truck wouldn’t start after that then a couple minutes later it started and she was able to get home. I came home from work later and the truck started with no pooping noise and no etc light on. The next day I started the truck , heard the loud pop from the speaker or dash area then the truck dies and lost all power. No dash lights or anything would come on and truck would not start or even make a noise when I attempt to start it. I popes the hood, checked the fuses and all looked ok. I did push them all further down and some seemed to go seat further down. I checked the battery cables and all seems tight. After doing both both of those tasks I heard a noise that let me know know the power was back to the truck. I got in the truck and it started right up with no popping noise and no warning lights on. I feel like I didn’t miraculously fix the issue and there is a bigger problem. Anyone dealt with this or possibly know what the issue is or could be? Thank you in advance for your comments.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Crawl under the truck, there's a fairly large wiring connector on the inside of the driver's side frame rail and make sure it's fully seated together.
Also look under the dash sorta behind and above the brake pedal at the BCM, make sure all the plugs are fully plugged in.

OP
OP
E

Elililibridge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I checked the wire harness under the driver side frame rail and under the dash near the brake. All was secure. I ram my diagnostic scanner and it gave me codes:
P203F
Reductant level - low

P2509
Engine control module (ECM) - supply voltage, intermittent

I checked all the fuses again and positive and ground wires from the battery. One of the positive to the battery was slightly loose other than that all looked good.

Reuel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have the exact same truck and had the exact same problem. I was mystified. Long story short i ran my battery almost to dead over night(by accident of course). The next morning when i tried to start the truck all the lights in dash came on, the speakers emitted a loud pop and everything went dead. Skip ahead an hour or two of head scratching. I charged the battery to full capacity overnight and the next day and ever since then all is fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat