power door lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fayefrost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram and the passenger power door lock stopped working. Is there something besides the door switch that makes this work.....I'm thinking some kind of device that actually operates the mechanical up and down action. It doesn't lock with either the drivers side switch nor the passenger side switch, but I have not found anything else in an exploded schematic that shows me anything.....and no, I have not taken the panel off the door yet. I don't think it's a defective switch, because I can hear it click....it just doesn't move the lock post up and down.....any help?

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
Well, does the door unlock when using the driver side switch? If so, then it's not going to be the motor that operates the door lock.

These trucks have really bad wiring. My 02' doesn't let my rear passengers roll down their own windows, but I can. And by brother in laws 03' doesn't let anyone but the driver control windows or locks...except for course manually unlocking the door.

OP
OP
F

fayefrost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
******....no, the lock does not work with the drivers side switch nor the passenger side. It would not even work manually for a while, then finally it would lock and unlock when you push down on the lock post.
Holy, I will check out that linkage issue....I just didn't want to take the door panel off without knowing what was inside and driving around with a loose or no door panel while I got parts or whatever.
Thank you both for the info!