Power fold standard to tow mirror upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ktstull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys, I’m looking at a 2015 Ram 1500 with standard mirrors that are power folding (power adjusting with turn signal and puddle lights) and I was wondering if it is possible to change those out with power folding tow mirrors from a 2500 without much problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Yep. Son just bought a set from 1A Auto. Trail Ridge makes them. He hasn't installed them yet but said they look very sturdy and lots of reports on here of happy customers. I had called around Dodge dealers looking for them and they are back-ordered until at least March. Only about 6 dealers in the U.S. have them in stock and I called a few. 1 dealer only had one mirror in the box and another dealer had them but refused to sell them. I asked if they were power fold and they could not answer that. The ones my son got are power fold, puddle light, turn signal, heated, etc. Direct bolt on for him.

snoty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep. Son just bought a set from 1A Auto. Trail Ridge makes them. He hasn't installed them yet but said they look very sturdy and lots of reports on here of happy customers. I had called around Dodge dealers looking for them and they are back-ordered until at least March. Only about 6 dealers in the U.S. have them in stock and I called a few. 1 dealer only had one mirror in the box and another dealer had them but refused to sell them. I asked if they were power fold and they could not answer that. The ones my son got are power fold, puddle light, turn signal, heated, etc. Direct bolt on for him.
Do you know if the Trail Ridge mirrors come with or require the tow mirror support bracket like the oem tow mirrors?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They do not come with them. From what I have read many don't use them but my son is going to order them just to be safe. They do work with them but can be installed without. His were $400 then the bracket kit with bolts and riv-nuts is another $90 so in the end they are the same price as the factory OEM mirrors but good luck finding a set of those and they probably won't be power folding.

snoty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Factory ones don't come with the brackets... And if I am understanding oem tow mirrors correctly, you cannot find then with all the features of the Trail Ridge ones; power folding, puddle, turn signals, heated, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm hoping to see a Black Friday sale and buy some.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I called the dealer they said the brackets came with the kit but then again they could not tell me if they were power fold so....maybe they don't?

We discussed this in another thread and a few people mentioned that maybe you could only get OEM power fold from the factory. If you added them later then you could not get power fold? There were members on here that have OEM power fold tow mirrors but they came on the truck from the factory.

The Trail Ridge's my son ordered are power fold, puddle light, turn signal, and heated, same as his stock mirrors are. I will be ordering a set for mine soon.