Power Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

postie4343

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
On my 2008 Ram 1500 quad the control on the drivers control doesn't lock or unlock the rear doors. i just bought this truck a couple of months ago. The power windows will work from the drivers control. I'm pretty sure they are the original doors. Is it possible it came without power locks on the back doors from the factory. Anybody have thoughts about this. Thanks John

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I would check the wiring that runs into the rear doors. It's a common failure point because the wire is bent and rebent everytime the door is opened or closed. I thought my rear locks were worn out because the manual said it had them, turned out to be the wires. I replaced a short section of all the wires and everything has been working fine for about a year so far. Good luck, There are some utube vids if you're not sure but just inside the upright frame there is a wire coupling that you can disconnect making the repair a lot easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock