Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I bought a set of these power running boards off ebay.

Install wasn't bad other than running the wires and I don't have plugs in the floor to run the wires.
But I can't get them to work. Instructions say to plug the signal connector to the canbus which they show is white. Mine is green under dash.
I did find a white one over by the e-brake but it uses a different style connector because for some reason the 2018s are different.

Bought a connector that will fit in the other canbus but the running boards still don't work.
Anybody got ideas of what else I can do?

The ebay seller was is being a hole and thinks I'm crazy because he's sold 100s of them and no one ever had any problems.

CDW1mzr3dkI8_fEFaCSmY=w651-h879-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpgYw-u4vGohq_WbYFr9u8Q0=w659-h879-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What brand are those?

We offer AMP with very good pricing. Let me know if you end up returning them and want to get some AMPs that have a warranty. Seems sketchy that they are listed as new but sold as is and no warranty

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What brand are those?

We offer AMP with very good pricing. Let me know if you end up returning them and want to get some AMPs that have a warranty. Seems sketchy that they are listed as new but sold as is and no warranty

Just a quick note, your website doesn't list any AMP products right now, nor can I find them under the Ram 5th gen section. Also I find the "shop by brand" panel a little confusing with the brands just listed haphazardly in what appears to be random order (I would expect alphabetized?); just my pair of pennies.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a quick note, your website doesn't list any AMP products right now, nor can I find them under the Ram 5th gen section. Also I find the "shop by brand" panel a little confusing with the brands just listed haphazardly in what appears to be random order (I would expect alphabetized?); just my pair of pennies.
We do not have everything we offer listed on the site. If you would like a quote shoot me a message

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Amps are the best auto steps you can buy , if ordering a new truck I’d skip the factory , and order Amps aftermarket. My sons 22 Laramie has the OE auto steps , not nearly as nice working as the Amps .

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
What brand are those?

Don't know the brand. Look like rough country from what I can find. But rough country's do not have the same wiring.

Yes Amps are nice

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Amps are the best auto steps you can buy , if ordering a new truck I’d skip the factory , and order Amps aftermarket. My sons 22 Laramie has the OE auto steps , not nearly as nice working as the Amps .
AMPs are very nice boards. Have OEM on this pickup. Personally, I prefer the OEM and think the OEM are superior, but the difference is REALLY small. I just like the OEM integration and option setting better, but as far as how they actually work they are pretty much dead even.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Possibly yours work differently than my sons . His are really slow , compared to the Amps. I can see him in a hurry getting out not having the step all the way down . We’ve even talked about it , he preferred the Amps on his previous Ram .Just what I’ve noticed getting out of his truck kinda giving the steps a beat before getting out . My Amps you gotta be quick to beat those down , not a big deal . Just comparing the two , I prefer the Amps, my son thinks the same .

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Possibly yours work differently than my sons . His are really slow , compared to the Amps. I can see him in a hurry getting out not having the step all the way down . We’ve even talked about it , he preferred the Amps on his previous Ram .Just what I’ve noticed getting out of his truck kinda giving the steps a beat before getting out . My Amps you gotta be quick to beat those down , not a big deal . Just comparing the two , I prefer the Amps, my son thinks the same .
At my age there is no way I will be too fast out of the truck and beat the steps deploying. :) What I really like about power boards is how much shorter the step into the truck is. I am 5'7" and just had a complete right hip replacement. No way I could get into my 2500 without the power boards.