AMP vs Go Rhino Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tohopko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Completely flush in the rear , something I’ve not seen in the few Amp
Installations I’ve been around . Two motors versus one , you prefer two , any big reason , other than the walking effect you claim , which I haven’t experienced, nor seen as said on others ? I can’t think of one reason just having one instead of two , and the flawless experience I’ve had with Amps .
That would be my only reason. I think there is a little less tolerance for imperfect alignment with the single drive arm. The AMPs on my old 2500 were flawless for over 10 years and 120,000 miles. I did have to replace the computer module just prior to selling it, but that was because of a bad crossover cable that fried one battery and surged the whole system. Rough Country intrigues me because of the price difference, obviously. RC and GoRhino are both intriguing because they do NOT require an OBD splitter to keep an open port.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the GoRhino boards on my 2022 2500. I've had them since March 23 and love them. See the link to my video below. Can't compare them to other brands since they are the only ones I've used. But I definitely didn't want the ODB interface as i use that for other things. I also can't say much about installation since I had it done at a shop (through the accessories folks at my local Ram dealer)

OP
OP
Pudge

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the GoRhino boards on my 2022 2500. I've had them since March 23 and love them. See the link to my video below. Can't compare them to other brands since they are the only ones I've used. But I definitely didn't want the ODB interface as i use that for other things. I also can't say much about installation since I had it done at a shop (through the accessories folks at my local Ram dealer)

Thanks for the post. I did go with the Go Rhino as well. Do your boards sit flat when opened? Mine are not sitting flat. They tilt up a bit, high on the outside, which is better than the opposite. But I would have thought they should have been sitting flatter.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the post. I did go with the Go Rhino as well. Do your boards sit flat when opened? Mine are not sitting flat. They tilt up a bit, high on the outside, which is better than the opposite. But I would have thought they should have been sitting flatter.
I don't have them, but I test drove a used 3500 that had the go rhino and they were the same way. Had a slight tilt up as you describe.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes, ine also tip up slightly. I also wish I could somehow adjust them to go a bit ,kwer when extended.

OP
OP
Pudge

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yes, ine also tip up slightly. I also wish I could somehow adjust them to go a bit ,kwer when extended.

True, another couple inches lower would have been nice. But my wife is happy, so it pasted the test.

Tohopko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished installing the Rough Country e-boards today. Install wasn't bad, although having my truck undercoated with Woolwax made it a bit messy. Tightening a few of the bolts is painful--mostly because my ratcheting, box end 10mm is missing. Always that one!

Anyway, the work great, no issues--although the slight upward tilt to the outside of the board is a bit odd.

OP
OP
Pudge

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just finished installing the Rough Country e-boards today. Install wasn't bad, although having my truck undercoated with Woolwax made it a bit messy. Tightening a few of the bolts is painful--mostly because my ratcheting, box end 10mm is missing. Always that one!

Anyway, the work great, no issues--although the slight upward tilt to the outside of the board is a bit odd.

Sounds like the same tilt as the go rhino.