Power seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scoots4ua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
Just got a 2022 big horn 2500 is there a way that I can make the passenger seat power like the driver seat is?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Wow thats a big help
It actually is if you think about it for a few seconds. Since the Laramie has power passenger seats all you need to do is find a wrecked Laramie and take the passenger seat, motors, wiring etc and put it in your truck. If the Bighorn has the option for power passenger seat you may be able to factory order the parts. Does every one need to be lead by the hand or can some of you newbies find your own butt in a well lit room.

OP
OP
S

Scoots4ua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
Dean a simple respectful answer would have by decent but you feel you have to be a smart@@@ so ill leave you with your forum site so you can just be that jerk to other people. Yes I can find my butt but I guess you can't since you have to be an ass about A simple question...have a good day SENIOR

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I was not sarcastic or condescending in my first answer. I provided solid info that you not only failed to understand but took issue with. You could have chosen to not repsond at all and waited for an answer you could understand or like better. How would you like me to respond when you start the sarcastic answers? Start the brawl but don't think anyone should push back. Typical.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It actually is if you think about it for a few seconds. Since the Laramie has power passenger seats all you need to do is find a wrecked Laramie and take the passenger seat, motors, wiring etc and put it in your truck. If the Bighorn has the option for power passenger seat you may be able to factory order the parts. Does every one need to be lead by the hand or can some of you newbies find your own butt in a well lit room.
it is kind of humous at times lol. One of my favorites is "what does it cost or what will they give me?" freaking google it lol...ask the dealer lol. but no ask a bunch of strangers who have no idea lol..

OP
OP
S

Scoots4ua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
Thanks for the info yall have a great day guys

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just got a 2022 big horn 2500 is there a way that I can make the passenger seat power like the driver seat is?
Your's is still a 4th gen body (from the cab back) so any seat from a 2013+ 4th gen should work. I bought a power harness for mine from a forum vendor but I'm not sure if he's active anymore. His business partner @Mpgrimm2 makes harnesses as well and can probably get you what you need to power the seat.

For me, I swapped the seat cushions and covers over to the power seat to match my current seats. It was easier than trying to remove just the covers.

Bonus was I sold the regular seat for almost as much I bought the power seat for!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the info Sit.. I sure do appreciate the help

Your's is still a 4th gen body (from the cab back) so any seat from a 2013+ 4th gen should work. I bought a power harness for mine from a forum vendor but I'm not sure if he's active anymore. His business partner @Mpgrimm2 makes harnesses as well and can probably get you what you need to power the seat.

For me, I swapped the seat cushions and covers over to the power seat to match my current seats. It was easier than trying to remove just the covers.

Bonus was I sold the regular seat for almost as much I bought the power seat for!

Fyi... While the cab & bed on the 19-22 HD trucks (4th gen) are the same, the seats/wiring/connectors, etc are different than the13-18/classic 4th gens and are not something I am currently offering/looking into.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks for the info Sit.. I sure do appreciate the help

Fyi... While the cab & bed on the 19-22 HD trucks (4th gen) are the same, the seats/wiring/connectors, etc are different than the13-18/classic 4th gens and are not something I am currently offering/looking into.
OK, so with what @Mpgrimm2 said it sounds like yours isn't quite so easy (but should be fairly easy still).

A 13+ seat will fit BUT these seats also have airbags built in. For compatibilities sake you may want to use a seat from another 5th gen HD truck.

Apologies for my earlier mis-statement. I would have assumed for simplicity sake (and since 4th gens are still in production) the 4th gen cab would of HD Rams utilize the classics harnesses...

Last edited: