Power wagon just doesnt care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
On the way home there was a semi truck with trailer and tanks, tanks empty, stuck in some soft sand off the side of the road. Wish wife would of taken pics, tried to pull him backwards to reset and no dice....moved to the front where a tow truck would hook up, pulled out the winch and well he was on his way....wife thought i was crazy but got the guy back on the road. Just wanted to share the capabilities

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The weight of the PW coupled with traction and pulling helped pull him out. Putting in the work!!
Absolutely it wasnt the PW alone but still was nice to be there and help. One ither guy stopped but just watched. Just nice to help folks out and have the tools needed.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Absolutely. I keep all sorts of recovery gear in my truck.

I’ve got a 16.5k Warn in the garage I’ll be mounting to the truck once I mount the winch plate. If I’ve learned one thing from over the road wrecker repair, you can never be over prepared.

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice.... It reminds me of another post from a forum member about his son towing a semi with PW up in North Dakota.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Well done!
Not a Power Wagon here but last summer had a dump truck (was told 20-25k lbs empty) bury both his left rear wheels in soft dirt after dumping my load of dirt. Said he didn`t want his boss to give him grief by calling for a tow so he spied my Ram and asked me to pull him out, after asking the weight of his rig I thought he was crazy!
I doubled up my heavy duty tow strap dropped her in low and damed if the Ram pulled that sucker out and up a 20% grade!
My neighbors have named my Ram the BEAST...lol

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I do love stories like these. They're awesome!

I haven't had an opportunity to pull anything but stumps out of the lake with the winch on the PW...but with my old gray F350 I pulled a lot of different things out of the ditch.

1. Cars. Lots of cars. Every winter. If I could safely get to the subframe to hook on to it, I'd pull it out. If there was no way to do it without damage, I advised them to call a wrecker.
2. Motorhome. Guy missed his turn and had the rear duals just hanging there. Grabbed the back of his rig and pulled him right up out of the ditch.
3. Tractor. Guy was plowing the neighbors out, got too far over and got sucked into the ditch, had it buried right to the frame. Grabbed his front axle and gave a few gentle tugs, pulled him out no problem.

My favorite though was the forklift. Idiot kid decided to take our 10K truck around the building to get a pallet, backed it right into the mud. I mean it was on the frame and caked in mud. Owner thought for sure we'd need a wrecker, I asked him to let me try first. Drove around, wrapped my tow strap around the mast, and told the kid to buckle up, hang on, and hammer it. A couple hard jerks and I had him loose and back on the pavement.