Pranks ! While normally taboo to mess with someone's ride ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
Every now and then, somebody comes along and asks for it.

I had a roommate who kept constantly running his mouth how my new 89 Dakota "owned me", and how "he owned" his $1200 el camino that he paid cash for. I grew quite weary of this, so one day I got one of those exhaust pipe whistles, and slid it up his tail pipe, and had one of my buddies come over just before the roomie headed out to work second shift. We were putzing around with one my tires to look busy while we watched the show. He came out out of the house started the car and noticed right away. He kept looking at the car, then at us, then the car, then us. We pretended to pay him no mind and finally he drove off to work. For a couple days he grumbled about the car, then he came home with the tailpipe a foot shorter. A week or so later I casually asked him if he figured out what was wrong with the car, he said he took it to a mechanic who told him there was a baffle like deal causing all the whislting. Cost him $150 ! A week later my guilty concious got the best of me and I handed him $150. He asked "What this for ? " I explained everything, he wasn't too happy for a couple days, but because I gave him his $150 bucks back, he got over it and we laugh about it now. He didn't make any more comments about my payments after that.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Station I was at in FL 00-04 we had this junior guy who was an obnoxiously overboard gun nut, to the point that he bought his own personal Beretta to wear in his gov't issued gun belt around the house (dead serious, I was his roommate for about two months). His last duty weekend, the rest of the section waited til he was out on patrol and took his Wrangler apart. I was out on a boat at the time and when I came in to the station, there was a big @ss wheel out at the end of the jetty......3 of his 4 big @ss wheel/tire combos had been removed, as well as the the top and both doors. He had to put his Jeep back together. I told them all he was gonna lose his $hit when he got back and shoot you all lol.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
A somewhat unpopular NCO got divorced and was living in the barracks again. He had an old POS Mustang II and it was always a coat hanger away from gaining entry into it. Just before a lengthy FTX, someone took a bunch of jumbo shrimp and hooked them into the wires under the seat cushion. It was a rather warm environment, btw.

We got back from the FTX and there was a sticker on the car from the MPs. The sticker was a notification that they had opened the car to search it. Reason: "Suspected corpse inside"

He had no idea what was causing the smell, but it really did smell of death and decay. I had no idea either as I wasn't in the platoon that he was in and had no idea the backstory until much later. He vacuumed, shampooed, all to no avail. Finally he was vacuuming and one of the shrimp had gotten so rotten it broke off and fell on the floor. He looked and saw the little formation of shrimp carcasses rotting under his seat at that point.

After *weeks* of cleaning and cycling activated charcoal bags he was finally able to drive it again. As far as I know, the culprit(s) were never identified.

OP
OP
S

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
A few years later someone at work bought a new truck. While a bit OCD anyway, he became complete **** retentive about keeping this truck clean and spotless ! While most of us would be like that for a week or so, the reality of needing to use the truck as a truck would sink in. But not this guy. Couldn't eat or drink anything in his truck, if you had dirt on your boots you had to clean the floor. If it rained inside you had to wipe it up with paper towels, etc etc. One of us got the bright idea that whenever we saw his truck somewhere like the supermarket, we would throw a bag of trash in the bed ( left in the bag , we didn't dump it out ). Since we were all in on the gag, he couldn't figure out who was doing it but he was pretty sure it was somebody he knew, and of course we would all hear about it.
Finally one night we were having a party somewhere, and he was grilling us all about it accusing each of us, but he was in a good mood, so we fessed up that we were all in on the gag. He took it well, didn't change his OCD any, but he stopped making a big deal out of it.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
When we used to run around town, there were a few kids that had either a new Mustang or an IROC Camaro. Daddy's money... Back in the early 80's, you could buy a quart of Wolf Head Motor Oil for $1.00. We'd catch them parked somewhere and dump a 1/2 bottle under their car. Somebody in the crowd would point it out and say, "Man, that thing is leaking oil bad."

OP
OP
S

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
UUR RAH Bro ! Semper Fi ! My boss just got a new truck, perfect guy to play that prank on ! lolz

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When we used to run around town, there were a few kids that had either a new Mustang or an IROC Camaro. Daddy's money... Back in the early 80's, you could buy a quart of Wolf Head Motor Oil for $1.00. We'd catch them parked somewhere and dump a 1/2 bottle under their car. Somebody in the crowd would point it out and say, "Man, that thing is leaking oil bad."
Used to do stuff like that at Sturgis or Daytona. See a Harley, spritz a little oil on the ground. Guy comes back and goes berserk looking for the leak. It expanded to Sauerkraut under German bikes, rice under japenese bikes, pasta under Italian bikes.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My old PD did not have take home cars so you drove whatever was in the lot. Cops are slobs, we had cars with ants. So to fix the slobs we would clean out the trash and shove it in the last assigned officers mailbox.
Failing that, a little OC rubbed under the door handle always guaranteed a laugh when the driver picked his nose 15 minutes into the shift...

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
That Russian video snow p is really funny. Gonna do it to my son when it snows! He will believe I actually climbed on his trunk to do the deed!

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Can't remember if I ever did anything to anyones cars but a guy I used to work with tied a bungee cord around his supervisors truck driveshaft then watched him fly back through the gate screaming at him while trying to find him. Same guy and same supervisor but not car related. Guy went in at 4:00AM the whole week and stopped at his supervisors house and swapped his newspaper for the previous days for the whole week. Supervisor never realized it...lol.

Way back before my high school years I heard someone super-glued the principals car door locks. Not sure how true that is though.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
You have all heard of the OLD Mini right?
When I was a UK firefighter, our Station Commander got married, went on Honeymoon to…..the States!
While he was away, his old shift now led by my Brother in Law, bricked up his front door ( with very very weak cement) hoisted his motorcycle onto the flat garage roof with the station mobile lift and last but not least, carried his Mini sideways up his narrow driveway and placed it across his garage door. Walls/hedges on both sides, no way to get it out again except how it got in!
He found a sense of humour eventually and a wedding present for a weekend away for them in a fancy country hotel, all paid for by the lads!
If you did that today you would probably lose you job and Liberty!
I know this happened, seen the pictures! Steve Rhine, obviously nicknamed Rhino, could take a joke and to be fair, give them out too…..

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've done a lot of pranks in my life but I never messed with another guys vehicle or girl, it was usually a toss up of which one they thought the most of! LOL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A decent one is take off the battery terminals. 1 wrap of electrical tape on the post and then put them back on covering the tape.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My favorite Uncle was something of a prankster
He was a primary factor in my automotive education, mostly brakes, stick transmissions & differentials, back in the late 1950s

One night we were riding around the Country Block, it is about 8 miles long

One of my Aunts lived 1/2 way around the block, she always had one of my female Cousins baby sit her 2 children.
She was not suppose to have any Visitors while baby sitting, but her BF Bobby had waited to the coast was clear & drove his '57 Chevy Convertible over to Visit my Cousin.

My Uncle parked his car behind some bushes & told me to stay in his car.
He came running back & we took off.
Bobby came out & his Chevy would not start
My Uncle had pulled 1 of the spark plug wires & just laid it on intake manifold, but he also took a Lead Pencil & used it to mark the inside of the distributor cap

Bobby's car sat their all night & he called my Uncle to see if he could find out what was wrong & to jump start the car.

It was some time later that Bobby found out that my Uncle had pulled a prank.
My Aunt did not catch on, Bobby had called a friend to come get him & left the car behind. I never heard the excuse

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Phillyrube, it must be like that everywhere. And the same type of payback...

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
In high school, one of the guys would always try to be first to his pickup, fire it up and immediately pull out to be first in line. Engine would be running for about 3 seconds, he would be letting the clutch up and rolling. One day, we put a jack stand under the axle near one rear wheel. Just enough to keep it a half inch off the ground. He got in, started it and let out the clutch. Engine revved, wheel spun, didn't move. Was really funny to watch.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Oh...got another one but a little different. I had a 1969 Chevelle with a 650HP 454 that I drag raced but it was 100% street legal. One night a few of us went to the local car hop to hang out. On the way there I was in front of my one buddy and was at a stop sign. I hit my line lock and smoked the tires for about 30 seconds with him stuck behind me. We got to where we were going and he said they were coughing and gagging from all the smoke.

Another one I did was when I worked in the steel mill we had a guy that drove the Tenant sweeper truck. I parked a forklift behind him and lifted the rear wheels slightly. He came out of the bathroom and got in and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't move.
Same guy and same sweeper another worker got in and slouched down and started driving across the parking lot. We yelled to the other guy...'Ron there goes your sweeper'. He thought maybe the throttle stuck or something and started running across the lot trying to catch it...lol