Price paid to change muffler???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkylarMelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I overpaid. Bought the 12288 for $150 CAD I think and got a shop to weld it in with some piping for $200. I could have bought the magnaflow bolt on kit and done it myself for cheaper pretty sure.

OP
OP
Ecofx86

Ecofx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
K Found a Place Bought MagnaFlow 12198 Installed $222 out the door. Took longer to drive to the place and drive home lol. TRuck sounds like a truck now!

stock muffler oero.jpg

magnaflow oero.jpg

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
I paid $200 to have a Magnaflow single in dual out exhaust put in my 2019 1500 new body style. Really like the throaty sound now!

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
These numbers are telling me i overpaid for my first cat back on my first truck years ago. Ive wanted to do my exhaust on my ram but i didnt want to take the hit to my wallet like i did before.

I thought $600 was minimum as i didnt add a fancy muffler, X/H pipes etc. Time to make a few calls to some shops!

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
My 08 2500 5.7 has 305,000 km and the stock exhaust that is stainless steel is as good as new. That is driving 12 months out of the year, sand and salt here in "Canuckistan" in winter, and mountain trips to the USA every year hauling a camper. Eleven years old. It was ordered as an option eleven years ago. Just replaced stock Michelins and snow tires I install in winter. Two new serpentine belts, one new alternator, front calipers and brake pads once. Also exhaust sensors and one front end alignment. Needs fender repair from defectual pinch joint both sides but that will be fixed permanently with the pinch joint eliminated when old fender cut out and inserts brazed. I am not keen on aftermarket parts UNLESS they are good quality made in USA as was my front end. I feel this truck used hauling heavy trailer loads and carrying high weight equipment has performed well. Almost forgot the set of rear seals I needed at 200,000.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These numbers are telling me i overpaid for my first cat back on my first truck years ago. Ive wanted to do my exhaust on my ram but i didnt want to take the hit to my wallet like i did before.

I thought $600 was minimum as i didnt add a fancy muffler, X/H pipes etc. Time to make a few calls to some shops!

Yeah eliminate the catback part and you can easily do a muffler swap for $150-200 installed depending on what muffler you get. Some mufflers are more than that alone but my last few exhausts I've just bought a cherry bomb extreme muffler for around $50 and also around $50-75 or so for install. Same sound as a catback, so unless you need to replace all that exhaust pipe anyways, you might as well just swap the muffler.

Texasredneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm just curious how much you guys paid for y'all muffler swap. Either what it cost for you to do it your self or what u paid a shop. List the muffler as well plz

Currently these are the two options i"m looking at

http://www.moes-performance.com/Mufflex_18_Magnaflow_Single_Exhaust_09_Up_Ram_150_p/dods18.htm which is bacially 300 bucks to do my self

or

local shop 390 for install of Magnaflow 12288
I bought a Flowmaster outlaw from Amazon, don't remember how much, seems like around 250. Put it on myself in about 30 min. wasn't too bad of a job. Gave me a chance to adjust the duel tailpipes that weren't straight from the factory.

Canadian-Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Shorty (RCSB)
Engine
5.7 L
I'm just curious how much you guys paid for y'all muffler swap. Either what it cost for you to do it your self or what u paid a shop. List the muffler as well plz

http://www.moes-performance.com/Mufflex_18_Magnaflow_Single_Exhaust_09_Up_Ram_150_p/dods18.htm which is bacially 300 bucks to do my self

or

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had a local shop cut the "Y-Pipe" and installed 2 magnaflow mufflers and connect them up to the stock dual pipes going out the back. Have to say she now sounds like an

or

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a local shop cut the "Y-pipe", and then mount two Mufflex 18" Magnaflow Singles up to the duals. Now my truck sounds like a 400 HP Hemi, and gets the respect from "J-walkers" it deserves, a second though ....

I live in Canada and it cost me $900 taxes included, I could've done it cheaper using lower quality mufflers, but it was the sound I was after the most.

Also I have "ZERO" drone for the record, but I 90% of the time turn it off since I don't want to replace the cam quite yet.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So is this a repair or something just so it makes annoying noise as you drive through your neighborhood? If the first then have the muffler shop do it, if the latter, put your credit card away and save your neighbors the headaches and you more credit card debt.... I promise it won’t go a mph faster with the noisy muffler and anyone that says different is trying to sell you one. LOL

antichrist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think I overpaid. Bought the 12288 for $150 CAD I think and got a shop to weld it in with some piping for $200. I could have bought the magnaflow bolt on kit and done it myself for cheaper pretty sure.
I was looking at the same set-up.
How do you like it. And pro's and con's please .

OP
OP
Ecofx86

Ecofx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

that's the 18 inch, i have the 14 inch magnaflow. Its pretty quite IMO. sounds perfect if u don't want to sound like a hillbilly redneck. maganflow gives it a nice rumble sound nothing over the top.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m switching from a corsa sport exhaust to a magnaflow 16869

On that note... anyone interested in a corsa muffler? Muffler only.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

SkylarMelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

EDIT: I like it a alot, not too loud, not too quiet. I definitely hear it when I'm on the gas, but if idling I can't hear too much from inside the cab. I do have drone when running MDS, but when on 8 she purrs like a proper Hemi should. If I were to do it again, I'd probably buy the bolt-on kit and do it all myself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat