problem with dball xpress kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Valth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I had the remote start for quite some time now and love it. But yesterday idk if I heard my first issue with it or the truck, maybe some of you have had this issue can help me. I did my remote three times like normal, but it sounded like the starter was sputtering or struggling to start it, it did start though with it. I haven't tried it since then kinda worried it would mess something up whatever. It hasn't had that reaction the three other times I've started it by key, so I'm hoping that means it's just the remote start and not the truck. Any ideas how I can trouble shoot this? Thanks guys

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
a remote start mimics what the key does. if you are hearing a mechanical noise it would be there with the key also.

what were the conditions outside when you started it? what were they when you did it with the key? make sure both are the same conditions to see if it happens again.

OP
OP
Valth

Valth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It was probably 60 something degrees outside at the time, and I only heard it when I used the remote start. I tried key only about twenty minutes later and then key only again a couplehours later and no strange sounds, or issues. Just that one time with the remote start all under the same conditions outside

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck sputtered and failed to start once when I used my DBALL remote start. A year later, it has never done it again.
Try the remote start again and see if it does the same thing. If so, then it's time to troubleshoot. Checking for loose wiring connections or updating software is pretty much all you can do for a problem like this.
If not, it could have been a one-time thing and will never happen again.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would say not to worry either. try the remote start again.

on a side note... being a northern state person i kind of laugh when people in the south are using them at 60°. :)