Start X remote start users???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCKable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am considering using one for my 18 1500 with key fob turn start, but I’ve seen (can’t find it now) people saying when you start your vehicle with remote start, then put the key to run and shift into D the engine cuts off. Is this true? Is there some kind setting to change that?

ADWarlock20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Start-X for my 2020 classic. The only time I had the engine cut off on me was when I put my foot on the brake before the key was in the run position.

When following the steps (lock button 3 times to start, unlock, put key in run position, foot on brake), I have never run into an issue.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
Same here. Just turn the key fob to the run position, step on the brake and then put it in drive. Never had a problem with it. The only problem I have with it is that the range isn't all that great. I've talked to a few guys that have the factory remote start, and their range doesn't really seem that much better, if at all, so I guess it all comes out the same. Seems to work better when I can actually see the truck across the parking lot when I press the button.

OP
OP
RCKable

RCKable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks rick16706. I’ve seen comments about range but from where my truck is parked and my bedroom or back door it’s 10’ so I’m thinking I’ll be okay.