Programming New Key Help Please, KEY NOT IN LOCK STATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother has a 2014 Ram 1500 Express and he lost the only ignition Fobik he had to it and I have tried to program a new fobik to it with no luck. I have a Launch scan tool and I have tried the software with it and the alfa obd software and both have the same issue. When I try to program the key it tells me the key is not in the lock state even though it is in the lock position. I have ordered a new rf hub and it does the exact same thing, I can't even program a key to new rf hub so I can complete to programming process to install the rf hub. I have removed the ignition node from another 2014 ram and tired that and it still shows the exact same thing that the key is not in the lock state.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
New fobik is actually brand new? Or was unlock/renewed/remanufactered and ready to be programmed?
For either answer fobik has never been programmed to another car correct?

Smokescreen74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Re: My brother has a 2014 Ram 1500 Express and he lost the only ignition Fobik he had to it and I have tried to program a new fobik to it with no luck. I have a Launch scan tool and I have tried the software with it and the alfa obd software and both have the same issue. When I try to program the key it tells me the key is not in the lock state even though it is in the lock position. I have ordered a new rf hub and it does the exact same thing, I can't even program a key to new rf hub so I can complete to programming process to install the rf hub. I have removed the ignition node from another 2014 ram and tired that and it still shows the exact same thing that the key is not in the lock state.

We used new from dealer key fobix, win module and rfh module. No luck same issue. Also tried a key from Amazon wich actually powered up the dash and radio. But with 3rd attemp would not power up dash or radio just says wrong key. Any ideas where to go with it next

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hate to revive a old thread but having same exact issue on my 2014 I needed to add more keys I never found a solution so i gave up BUT now im down to 1 working key and its janky Id hate to go to a dealer. I am using a matco maximus 3.0.

andrew73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
My brother has a 2014 Ram 1500 Express and he lost the only ignition Fobik he had to it and I have tried to program a new fobik to it with no luck. I have a Launch scan tool and I have tried the software with it and the alfa obd software and both have the same issue. When I try to program the key it tells me the key is not in the lock state even though it is in the lock position. I have ordered a new rf hub and it does the exact same thing, I can't even program a key to new rf hub so I can complete to programming process to install the rf hub. I have removed the ignition node from another 2014 ram and tired that and it still shows the exact same thing that the key is not in the lock state.
In case anyone else had this issue, I had the same thing when using AlfaOBD. PIN was correct, just have to turn the ignition off. I kept leaving in accessory or run position when trying to program new fob and got the exact same error. Turned ignition off then tried one last time, and it worked!