Protecting your truck from pets!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

serp16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought the Scout's Mobile Mudroom from Duluth and love it. It is basically a firehouse type material box w/ zippered corners and straps to tie to the headrests. It is outstanding for containing dirt, mud, dog hair, etc. It fits perfectly in the back of my 2014 2500 crew cab. I am able to leave the seats in the normal position. Only "issue" is picking up my 60 pound lab/boxer mix and putting her fat butt in there. Haha

https://www.duluthtrading.com/scout..._36201_color=GRA#q=pets&lang=default&start=36

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You obviously don't love your dogs enough if your worried about shedding in your truck.....just kidding. I gave up trying to keep my truck clean of dog hair lol it is a truck after all

Amen to that! I always thought dogs were the reason vacuum cleaners were invented...

Russ

psycho9x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys got a new truck and I'm afraid to put my dog in it lmao, what do you guys do to protect your vehicle or such ?
2019 classic crew cab.

Back seats underneath have subwoofer, and I have car seats.

Any suggestions

I'd be more concerned about carseat occupants making a mess than the pets.

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I dont see any purpose for seat covers and things, it doesnt stop dogs from shedding. You still would have to clean the hair up. who cares if its on the leather its easier to wipe up and vacuum

Mark Sutter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Hey guys got a new truck and I'm afraid to put my dog in it lmao, what do you guys do to protect your vehicle or such ?
2019 classic crew cab.

Back seats underneath have subwoofer, and I have car seats.

Any suggestions
I have a gs and she sheds constantly, I use a bottom bed sheet. Then I can take it out and shake it. Very little vacuuming her hairs

huntertim214

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out the Carhartt Seat Covers... I put this in the back seat to protect the seat from the dog and kids. They fit great and are extremely durable, and they look good. You can use them with child seats too. I didn't put them in the front because the dog doesn't ride up there and also because it would not allow me to use the vented/cooled seats in the summer. I like this option over the dog/saddle blankets because it stays in all the time and still allows people to ride back there with or without the dog. There is nothing you can do about the shedding except vacuum often, but the covers help with scratches and mud or dirt.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most of the time I don't need one, but when I do, I use one of those blankets that Burla posted. $3.99 at 99cent store.

enforcer17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020, 2019
Engine
6.4L, 5.7L
We have tried everything, these have worked out best for us, keeps most of the hair contained and protects the door panels. Bought these from Amazon:

Meadowlark Dog Seat Covers

Car Door Protector by PetEvo

Plus he wears a harness and is tethered to a chain that runs through the three hoops at top of back seat.

PapaCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
3.0 liter eco-diesel
Our 115# Bernese Mountain Dog sheds like a yeti. Wife let’s him ride in her Durango R/T but he ain’t getting inside the Cowboy Cadillac. He would trash the seats, doors, etc. Not gonna cover my beautiful brown Longhorn seats. Sorry pooch...

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The seats fold flat in my mega cab; we've got two Border Collies. I've been using mover's blankets from Harbor Freight for years...about 5 bucks and you can shake them out afterwards

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our 115# Bernese Mountain Dog sheds like a yeti. Wife let’s him ride in her Durango R/T but he ain’t getting inside the Cowboy Cadillac. He would trash the seats, doors, etc. Not gonna cover my beautiful brown Longhorn seats. Sorry pooch...
Having a 120lbs Pyr and a 130lbs Swissy I feel your pain. Thats where the cap comes in handy. Best 1000 I've spent (used).

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Having a 120lbs Pyr and a 130lbs Swissy I feel your pain. Thats where the cap comes in handy. Best 1000 I've spent (used).

Did you find it on Kijiji. I found my cap it was only 1 year old and the paint color matched on Kijiji.

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you find it on Kijiji. I found my cap it was only 1 year old and the paint color matched on Kijiji.
Sure did. I bought a used cap last January for 500. Not the prettiest (different colour) but functional. Sold it in the spring for 700. 2 days later another leer cap pops up on kijiji for 950 and it was colour matching. So I went the next day and bought it. Was mint and looks pretty good (for a topper lol). d91b7d7b7f70b0e06fd9c04cd968e6ed.jpg

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great. Is it 5.7 mine was 6.4
I paid 1250$. Mine also a Leer with all the bells. The guy DUI hit a pole and his insurance wouldn’t pay so he was parting out. I had to drive from Niagara to Keswick to pick it up. I will never drive with our dogs in the cab. I have seen what damage a 70 lbs dog can do to the driver and passenger after a head on Great to see another safety minded person. Not to mention the wear and tear a dog can do on the interior. Leather and plastic. All the best

D8266BFC-027A-47B6-8380-330A89CDD4AF.jpeg

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. Is it 5.7 mine was 6.4
I paid 1250 I think it ialso a Leer with all the bells the guy DUI hit a pole and his insurance wouldn’t pay so he was parting out had to drive from Niagara to Keswick to pick it up. I will never drive with our dogs in the cab. I have seen what damage a 70 lbs dog can do to the driver and passenger after a head on Great to see another safety minded person. Not to mention the wear and tear a dog can do on the interior. Leather and plastic. All the best
Ya mine is a 5.7" box. There isn't many in that size around used compared to the 6.4". So to find one colour matched and the right size for under a 1000 was a score. I believe Windmill caps was 2k plus tax.

I had to drive to Sutton area to get mine. Basically a days worth of driving for me. Not the end of the world lol.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ya mine is a 5.7" box. There isn't many in that size around used compared to the 6.4". So to find one colour matched and the right size for under a 1000 was a score. I believe Windmill caps was 2k plus tax.

I had to drive to Sutton area to get mine. Basically a days worth of driving for me. Not the end of the world lol.

Yes. I found windmill was costly Now I am on a search for a bed slide

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilo670