Question for the Paint Pros and knowledged Plasti-dippers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm on the hunt to get rid of the chrome on my 2002 Deep Garnet Red RAM 1500.

I want to change my grill up front, but I am unsure if I would like it Black or color matching the truck.

So to run a few tests I thought I would plasti-dip it Black to see how it looked. However they don't make Plasti-dip in Deep Garnet Red.

So my question is : Can you paint over plati-dip? I was thinking I could spray some Dupli-Color color match over the Black (could spray grey plasti-dip over the black to ease up coverage). Then I can decide which I like best and do the paint Job permanently or if the Black Plasti-dip suits me I can just re-dip and leave it alone.

*tim*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just have someone on here photo shop it. Save you alot of hastle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
xb1230

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I could do it myself but it already dismantled so I will at least dip the chrome.

I just finished giving a matte black coat to the grill inserts. Touching up the edge of the hood and putting it back together tomorrow.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
You can paint over pladtidip... i wouldn't recommend it. Pladtidip is very permeable and the paint with bleed throjgh... Also when you do paint over pladtidip it makes it a lot harder to peel off, instead you need to chip it off or sand it off