Question on Removal of HVAC 2013 Ram 1500...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daywalker2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Dash Moved out of the way... I am trying to get to the Blend Door Actuator on the backside of the HVAC box. but... it appears go get to that I need to remove this bolt:20170310_135424.jpg
Which would then... I believe detach the line going to the AC. I think one is a pressure line the other carries liquid... I really don't want to drain any systems as the A/C Works... but here is where the Actuator is:Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 8.49.37 AM.png
so I don't think I can get to that without removing those lines. What are the repercussions of removing those lines? will the A/C need to be recharged? I can clamp the Heater Core Hoses because those are soft. but these lines I don't quite know what I am dealing with... for reference. these are not my images however images I know of the project from videos and tutorials etc. all the tutorials are for replacing the A/C unit I believe. or replacing the heater core. neither of which I need.

Sur5er

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those lines are to/from the expansion valve. You're going to need to pull down the freon and reclaim the refrigerant, remove the nut, remove the lines, plug the holes w/plastic caps, do your work, reverse the process then pull a vacuum and recharge. If you're not sure, get someone that is!

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
As Sur mentioned you need to get the AC freon reclaimed ! That is the law ,As freon can damage the Ozone etc.
And As mentioned the system has to be put in vacuum to remove moisture which would cause damage to your system over time so IMO a Job for a Pro !
Not cheap but cheaper then repairing the damage it could cause !