Questions About the CTD G56 stock detuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killfren5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I own a 2018 Ram 2500 CTD g56 350hp/660ft-lbs i know that ram detuned these trucks because of the Clutch and flywheel setup they used. How does ram detune the truck Cpu?
In the future i would like to get hp numbers closer to a high output CTD 400hp/1000ft-lbs and still hold emissions is this realistic?
I was thinking about upgrading the intercooler and intake box to banks and i hear a new banks intake horn is around the corner with emission compliance. (EGR Intact) what else is needed?
I know the clutch/flywheel combo will have to be replaced to Southbend or Valair kit.
which aftermarket upgrades should i be looking at to achieve this and i would also love to hear the pros and cons.

DOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I own a 2018 Ram 2500 CTD g56 350hp/660ft-lbs i know that ram detuned these trucks because of the Clutch and flywheel setup they used. How does ram detune the truck Cpu?
In the future i would like to get hp numbers closer to a high output CTD 400hp/1000ft-lbs and still hold emissions is this realistic?
I was thinking about upgrading the intercooler and intake box to banks and i hear a new banks intake horn is around the corner with emission compliance. (EGR Intact) what else is needed?
I know the clutch/flywheel combo will have to be replaced to Southbend or Valair kit.
which aftermarket upgrades should i be looking at to achieve this and i would also love to hear the pros and cons.

There are several ECU tuners that will accomplish what you want after upgrading your clutch, you don’t need an intercooler or intake upgrade. CTT and PPEI are two popular providers. EZ-Lynk is also a popular device for installing the tune, but there are others. Start searching around those and you’ll discover tons of possibilities, be sure to go with reputable names that support their product. I have a 2018 G56 with exactly what you’re looking to do (SB clutch and PPEI tune via EZ-Lynk).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk