….. Need a custom tune by someone with the TIME to do it …..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strica

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off; I’m an old guy that isn’t all that bright. So, I have a 2014 RAM R/T with a new cam, MDS delete & other mods that is just sitting in the garage and I can’t even drive it since I don’t have a tune for it. It’s a daily driver (did I mention I’m not that bright? ….. LOL).

So, I purchased a remote tune for my HPtuner & didn’t hear from the guy for three weeks (so that didn’t work out).

So, I purchased a remote tune from another fine fellow & he sent me four tunes to try. They didn’t get me out of the garage. Data Logs sent to him a week ago with not even a hint of a response or status of when to expect a new revision.

Seems like most of the tuner guys/gals are overloaded; cutting back; do it part time; doing mostly GM/Ford………. Or won’t touch it because I didn’t buy their cam, etc. (this has been a learning process for me).

This is a solicitation for anyone on the forum who has the time to write a custom tune for me & the time to follow up with revisions.

· It doesn’t have to be a tune for the HPtuner

· I’m open to using whatever a tuner thinks will get the job done.

· I listed most of my mods & other data below to see if anyone wants to tackle this……..

2014 RAM 1500 Sport R/T, standard cab, 6'4" bed

· VIN: Data on file

· PCM Data: Data on file

o Module P/N: Data on file

o Module VIN: Data on file

o Authorized Software Update: Data on file

· 5.7 L V8

· 8 speed transmission

· 3.92:1, limited slip

· 285/45R22 tires (tire diameter 32.1”) on 22”x9” Rims

· Milage: 67,674

Ø daily driver / spirited driving

Current Configuration …… as of 3/27/2021

· Hptuner MPVI2 – VCM Scanner/Editor Version 4.9.771 (Beta), 6 credits

o S/N: Data on file

o Verification Code: Data on file

o tune installed (initial tune – waiting on revision)

§ Won’t idle; think it’s running rich; have not driven truck

· Texas Speed & Performance Cam

o Camshaft Part: 25-TSPCustomCam-HEMI

Intake Exhaust

Duration .050 216 225

Lobe Lift 0.353 0.353

Valve Lift @ 1.65 0.582 0.582

Lobe Separation 112

Intake Center Line 109

· Cam Phaser Limiter

· MDS Delete

· 93 octane gas (10% ethanol)

· ARH Long Tube Headers (1 ¾”), 3” Y-Pipe, (without CATs)

· Borla Grand Touring exhaust system with 5” tips

· 4 each factory O2 sensors installed

· 87mm Ported Throttle Body

· Vararam Grabber cold air intake

· 180-degree thermostat

· Electric fan – RAM V6

· Clutch Fan Delete

· AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband UEGO AFR Sensor Controller Gauge (PN 30-0334)

o Wideband Sensor is installed aft of Y-Pipe

NOT INSTALL YET: Transmission Cooler Thermostat Bypass - Revmax

WHEW.......sorry to be so long-winded or a pain in everyone's **** ........

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Dam sounds like my dream truck. Good luck, sounds like it will be worth the wait

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Strica

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Brandon-w has done a fine job of pointing me several directions for finding support for this build. I plan on contacting dusterhofftuning tomorrow & see if they can/will tune this truck for me. We sure do have some awesome members here!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you tried HemiFever (Sean Powell), Jay Greene or Diablotoona (Johan Mangs)?

OP
OP
S

Strica

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't tried anyone of the three MADDOG. I intend on contacting Sean at HemiFever tomorrow during hours for his thoughts. I'm not sure how to contact Jay Greene (heard he is on FaceBook but I don't use it so that's a strikeout). Someone suggested Johan as well but didn't have the Diablotoona info..........it that his website? or FaceBook as well? Thank you sir.

And, thank you for your service!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't tried anyone of the three MADDOG. I intend on contacting Sean at HemiFever tomorrow during hours for his thoughts. I'm not sure how to contact Jay Greene (heard he is on FaceBook but I don't use it so that's a strikeout). Someone suggested Johan as well but didn't have the Diablotoona info..........it that his website? or FaceBook as well? Thank you sir.

After long endless debates (talking to myself) I ended up contacting Hemifever because jay is super overwhelmed (For good reasons obviously). However, Hemifever has tuned some of the fastest ram trucks right along with jay green holding the #1 position currently. I was dead set on jay originally. I did email Hemifever and they responded back almost immediately (about an hour later) so sometime this week I should get a first tune from Hemifever and then I can do some logs. Unfortunately kooks is on a super back order for long tubes plus I’m having them custom weld a second o2 sensor in my y pipe for a wideband sensor so they said that’s an extra week or 2.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Ryan Hogan of Flying Ryan Performance is a good tuner,and he'll work with your HP system you already have,i don't think Sean works with HP yet.Plus he specializes in Texas Speed cam tuning.

frptuning.com / Flyin' Ryan Performance

frptuning.com / Flyin' Ryan Performance

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

I've personally used Sean at HemiFever and Johan Mangs at Diablotoona. Here is a link to Johan's website:

http://www.diablotoona.com/

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
I've had hemifever and Jay's tunes, hemifever/sean was awesome. Jay is pretty much swamped for the next few months, I'm working with him on a very delayed basis due to not needing my tune for a while.

burner71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I built up my own motor with a 6.4 cam, lots of little things along the way I did here and there. I stayed in touch with Hemi Fever along the way and when I dropped it in, he had the tune for me to getting running good out of the gate. After a few tweaks its a monster now.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
First off; I’m an old guy that isn’t all that bright. So, I have a 2014 RAM R/T with a new cam, MDS delete & other mods that is just sitting in the garage and I can’t even drive it since I don’t have a tune for it. It’s a daily driver (did I mention I’m not that bright? ….. LOL).

So, I purchased a remote tune for my HPtuner & didn’t hear from the guy for three weeks (so that didn’t work out).

So, I purchased a remote tune from another fine fellow & he sent me four tunes to try. They didn’t get me out of the garage. Data Logs sent to him a week ago with not even a hint of a response or status of when to expect a new revision.

Seems like most of the tuner guys/gals are overloaded; cutting back; do it part time; doing mostly GM/Ford………. Or won’t touch it because I didn’t buy their cam, etc. (this has been a learning process for me).

This is a solicitation for anyone on the forum who has the time to write a custom tune for me & the time to follow up with revisions.

· It doesn’t have to be a tune for the HPtuner

· I’m open to using whatever a tuner thinks will get the job done.

· I listed most of my mods & other data below to see if anyone wants to tackle this……..

2014 RAM 1500 Sport R/T, standard cab, 6'4" bed

· VIN: Data on file

· PCM Data: Data on file

o Module P/N: Data on file

o Module VIN: Data on file

o Authorized Software Update: Data on file

· 5.7 L V8

· 8 speed transmission

· 3.92:1, limited slip

· 285/45R22 tires (tire diameter 32.1”) on 22”x9” Rims

· Milage: 67,674

Ø daily driver / spirited driving

Current Configuration …… as of 3/27/2021

· Hptuner MPVI2 – VCM Scanner/Editor Version 4.9.771 (Beta), 6 credits

o S/N: Data on file

o Verification Code: Data on file

o tune installed (initial tune – waiting on revision)

§ Won’t idle; think it’s running rich; have not driven truck

· Texas Speed & Performance Cam

o Camshaft Part: 25-TSPCustomCam-HEMI

Intake Exhaust

Duration .050 216 225

Lobe Lift 0.353 0.353

Valve Lift @ 1.65 0.582 0.582

Lobe Separation 112

Intake Center Line 109

· Cam Phaser Limiter

· MDS Delete

· 93 octane gas (10% ethanol)

· ARH Long Tube Headers (1 ¾”), 3” Y-Pipe, (without CATs)

· Borla Grand Touring exhaust system with 5” tips

· 4 each factory O2 sensors installed

· 87mm Ported Throttle Body

· Vararam Grabber cold air intake

· 180-degree thermostat

· Electric fan – RAM V6

· Clutch Fan Delete

· AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband UEGO AFR Sensor Controller Gauge (PN 30-0334)

o Wideband Sensor is installed aft of Y-Pipe

NOT INSTALL YET: Transmission Cooler Thermostat Bypass - Revmax

WHEW.......sorry to be so long-winded or a pain in everyone's **** ........

Check with the tuners these guys are reconmending,as a couple of them are strictly Diablo tuners,and you already have the HP tuning platform which is a far better tuning platform,then Diablo's CMR platform. The guy you should really hunt up and talk to is Ryan Hogan,as he specializes in HP tuning and he's also Texas Speeds reconmended cam tuner,and seeing as how you have both HP and a TSP cam,he'd be the guy i'd start with,lol.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I use Hemifever, Sean is really good at getting your revisions back after you get him the logs, or even add different mods to your truck. Im the one taking long to get my logs to him as I have no highways here, just dirt and have quarterly vacations.