Radio & AC Fan Knobs / Dials

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Hello good folks. I just got a set of Silver aluminum knobs from ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Condition-Radio-Switch-Knob-Ring-Cover-Trim-for-Dodge-Charger-Challenger-15/202908329401?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

(EDIT: For those looking to buy these, send the ebay seller an offer. I bought these for $12 instead of the asking price.)

Im a bit confused on how these are supposed to go on. Do I remove the entire dial? Do they just pull off or are they set with a screw? Do I have to remove the entire radio? Do these just press over the old rubber dials?

It looks like they just press on over the old knobs. There is questionable instructions in that link, but the English is not very clear. In the bottom photo I think I can see the old rubber dial still showing behind the new aluminum part.

Any advice is very much appreciated... Im tempted to just shove them on over the old knobs.

Here are some pictures of some installed here on the forum.

.com%2F20200518%2F52c429cbbeea2dca7cd2d5d1f892fd4e.png

15888912288444030640245636322139-jpg.206348

Last edited:

rod from md

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
for the radio and ac, mine just went over the origianls...pushed them on hard and they are fine, but they also came w some double sided tape ( or use a dab of clear gorillia glue if needed)
the shifter knob is fully replaced...remove the center cover carefully and a small torx screw is there...remove screw and shifter knob will slide right off

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
for the radio and ac, mine just went over the origianls...pushed them on hard and they are fine, but they also came w some double sided tape ( or use a dab of clear gorillia glue if needed)
the shifter knob is fully replaced...remove the center cover carefully and a small torx screw is there...remove screw and shifter knob will slide right off

Mine didnt come with any kind of tape or glue. Ill press these suckers on here then. I figured thats how they mounted, but just wanted to make sure. :cheers:

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Question. I'm pretty sure behind those knobs blue lights glow when the lights are turned on. Do these block the blue light from shining through? Have you checked if it interferes with that?

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello good folks. I just got a set of Silver aluminum knobs from ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Condition-Radio-Switch-Knob-Ring-Cover-Trim-for-Dodge-Charger-Challenger-15/202908329401?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

(EDIT: For those looking to buy these, send the ebay seller an offer. I bought these for $12 instead of the asking price.)

Im a bit confused on how these are supposed to go on. Do I remove the entire dial? Do they just pull off or are they set with a screw? Do I have to remove the entire radio? Do these just press over the old rubber dials?

It looks like they just press on over the old knobs. There is questionable instructions in that link, but the English is not very clear. In the bottom photo I think I can see the old rubber dial still showing behind the new aluminum part.

Any advice is very much appreciated... Im tempted to just shove them on over the old knobs.

Here are some pictures of some installed here on the forum.

.com%2F20200518%2F52c429cbbeea2dca7cd2d5d1f892fd4e.png

15888912288444030640245636322139-jpg.206348
Did you ever get yours put on or you haven't received them yet? Question. I'm pretty sure behind those knobs blue lights glow when the lights are turned on. Do these block the blue light from shining through? Have you checked if it interferes with that?

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Did you ever get yours put on or you haven't received them yet? Question. I'm pretty sure behind those knobs blue lights glow when the lights are turned on. Do these block the blue light from shining through? Have you checked if it interferes with that?

I havent driven at night to see if the light shins through. I think it would because there is a slight gap between the cover and the dash. The cover doesnt get as close as the knobs do, which makes them look kinda cheesy to me. I wish the covers fit better, but thats just nit picking for something that costs less than $20.

Todd M Hogan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bought a set of the Voodonola Red ones last week, they just push on over top the existing knobs.. the quality is very good. id keep them but i want a set of black ones so if anyone wants to try the red ones out id let them go for $10

rod from md

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i bought blue ones a while back...after living w them a while, i didnt care for the "bling"...figured w nothing to lose, i shot them w a silver pearl....came out fine and suited my taste better