Phoenix radio...... Vehicle change......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
This has definitely been asked before... I'm just not using the right key words in the search bar all the videos I've watched and the tutorials here all have a different ui with different ways to get to the vehicle Change screen and have different options for what to change...

I Have a ram 2500 with manual 4speed AC and in these radios that's the "low" model. I have tried to change it a bunch it just wont ever change.
PXL_20231017_105547724.jpg
i guess question one would be is there a different way to change it on the unit.
question two if not is there a way to change it with files
follow on question 2 how? i can not find any useful files on it. i have not figured out how to do a backup of this thing.

Info of the radio Phoenix auto radio 13" Android 12 (really Android 10) Fast boot Vertical Screen Navi Radio for Dodge Ram 2009 - 2018
PXL_20231017_104337739.jpgPXL_20231017_104349204.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This has definitely been asked before... I'm just not using the right key words in the search bar all the videos I've watched and the tutorials here all have a different ui with different ways to get to the vehicle Change screen and have different options for what to change...

I Have a ram 2500 with manual 4speed AC and in these radios that's the "low" model. I have tried to change it a bunch it just wont ever change.
View attachment 530233
i guess question one would be is there a different way to change it on the unit.
question two if not is there a way to change it with files
follow on question 2 how? i can not find any useful files on it. i have not figured out how to do a backup of this thing.

Info of the radio Phoenix auto radio 13" Android 12 (really Android 10) Fast boot Vertical Screen Navi Radio for Dodge Ram 2009 - 2018
View attachment 530234View attachment 530235
It's possible the problem lies outside of the radio. Was there a separate CANBUS box provided with the radio? I'd be surprised if it is any higher than Android 6.

OP
OP
Murphyjs6

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Based on the "research" the folks at XDA say that these ones with the CPU with uis7862s are android 10. But again this is the interwebs and it's could all be a lie. Haha
No there was no additional canbus. Friday I will be pulling it out again to take pictures of everything. And tomorrow I have a... teams meeting with one of the Phoenix automotive engineers. So hopefully i can get it squared away. I do still have one open plug on the back of the unit. I was just hoping there was a secret menu someone new of.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know that Ram OEM Radios, only work if the radio is compatible with the HIGH SPEED CANBUS
That began in the 2009 year model, it included all Models of Ram & the 2 top model of JEEP.

ALL other Chrysler vehicles, still ran on LOW SPEED CANBUS

I assume that at some point, all FCA vehicles were converted to the High Speed Canbus, but i have no knowledge of that change over

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Based on the "research" the folks at XDA say that these ones with the CPU with uis7862s are android 10. But again this is the interwebs and it's could all be a lie. Haha
No there was no additional canbus. Friday I will be pulling it out again to take pictures of everything. And tomorrow I have a... teams meeting with one of the Phoenix automotive engineers. So hopefully i can get it squared away. I do still have one open plug on the back of the unit. I was just hoping there was a secret menu someone new of.
The XDA guys are probably right. The sellers (including Phoenix) have a penchant for reporting higher Android levels and listing a different version in their GUI than what is actually present. There was an app I used to use on those radios to report what the actual Android level was but I can't remember what it is now (maybe CPU-Z?). The Phoenix guys might have you flash either a different firmware to the radio and/or CANBUS module to fix your issue. My guess is the latter...good luck!

OP
OP
Murphyjs6

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The XDA guys are probably right. The sellers (including Phoenix) have a penchant for reporting higher Android levels and listing a different version in their GUI than what is actually present. There was an app I used to use on those radios to report what the actual Android level was but I can't remember what it is now (maybe CPU-Z?). The Phoenix guys might have you flash either a different firmware to the radio and/or CANBUS module to fix your issue. My guess is the latter...good luck!
Ya so after talking to the guy. He was not a happy person. He just told me no that's the way it is now. And all settings will keep the same look.. he did give me a update file so I will open that up later and look through it.