Radio volume quit working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwarfracer1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
as header says my radio volume just quit working. 2013 ram 2500 stock radio , display shows songs are playing and changing but no sound is coming out. when I turn volume knob nothing happens, it stays at 1 any ideas?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
as header says my radio volume just quit working. 2013 ram 2500 stock radio , display shows songs are playing and changing but no sound is coming out. when I turn volume knob nothing happens, it stays at 1 any ideas?
In my experience with the Uconnect 5 inch basic radio is that it comes back after an ignition key cycle.
The Uconnect 5 has the satellite (Cellular) radio transceiver… It is possible for it to pickup interference but it would be only temporary.
If the condition persists
(If you have buttons on your steering wheel)
check to see if they are clean and not damaged .
Also check bluetooth pairing and primary settings

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Disconnect your phone from the unit, would also recommend resetting the radio and maybe even then disconnect the truck battery for a half hour. Then cycle through a couple start ups and runs for a bit each. If volume doesn't come back, probably need to replace the radio. Sure someone on here has one lying around and would ship it for cost of postage anf maybe a few bucks to make it worth their while. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357