Ram 1500 5.7 OEM Cat Back System PN 77072520AA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mandride

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay Here is the Sound Clip for this Mopar Cat Back system.

Let me know what you guys think and if this clip helps.

1.5 hours install in backyard no lift. (Did use Airbags and full lift with them helped alot)

Made one cut in old pipe to ease removal just in the straight section in high spot over axle after dropped from hangers.

Truly took only 45 minutes to get off and 45 to get it on and all aligned.

OP
OP
Mandride

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I heard it on a Rebel. A little mild for me but the price is redicilous for what you get. I did the Carven mid pipe which sounds awesome and then I'm adding next month the Flowmaster resonator delete which comes with 4" exhaust tips for $279 on Ebay.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Flo...d=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=6DeX427yzAHcJM:

Thanks for your preference, I don't think I would like mine if it was much louder. I like to hear the radio and conversation in the truck. This is clearly heard in cab now. So two systems Carven and Flowmaster, what is total cost for that?

Joe Pesaturo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone heard the truck with a muffler & resonator delete? So straight pipe vs spending $1300 on a system? Not sure if that would do anything in terms of passing an emissions test?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone heard the truck with a muffler & resonator delete? So straight pipe vs spending $1300 on a system? Not sure if that would do anything in terms of passing an emissions test?

Shouldn't effect any emissions testing, you still have 02 sensors/catalytic converter etc...I personally don't understand the whole cat back craze, and don't like companies that only sell cat back exhaust as oppose to offering the muffler separately. Especially on these brand new trucks, you don't really need new piping and clamps like maybe you might on an older vehicle where a full system would be more beneficial.

I'm not here to tell anyone how to spend their money, but in the interest of saving $1,000+ installed, you can achieve the same goal by doing just a muffler swap (and resonator delete if desired). Most of us do these kind of things just for the sound, and even for performance I believe if you dyno'd a ram first with just a muffler swap and then with full catback, they'd be very close.

Or, if you are into doing the install on your own at your house, the catback I'm sure would be easier to deal with. Muffler swap, depending on your setup, probably a lot easier to take to a shop to do it. I think it usually costs me maybe around $100, if that, for install (been a few years) on a muffler swap.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the AWE cat back
Muffler only is not possible