Ram 1500 FCM/SKIM fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002DODGERAM1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have probably made myself some troble with my 4,7L ram 1500. Have been standing still for half a year, battery almost dead when trying to start it. Using a start booster, i accidently put 24volts on it for a second. IDIOT!. So the big question is how much have i fried?!

Engine is turning, but not starting. Fuse number 19 (FCM/SKIM) blows out as immediately when i put it in. I have tried disconnecting FCM, but no difference. Tried pulling one of the cables (closest to engine) from the rear of the fusebox/TIPM, then the fuse holds.
SKIM is for the key recognition or something, is that right?

Also, one other fuse was blown. If i remember correcltly, number 22, list said door lock and BS. When i put a new one in, after a couple of seconds smoke started to com out of the dasboard air vents front shield). Pulled the battery and fuse. Tried once again to see if i could locate the origin, but then nothing happens. Fuse holds.

Any suggestions on where i should start ? Not an expert in electrics, but want to try to fix it myself.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you had smoke coming out of your dashboard vents you fried something you are going to have to tear things apart look for melted wires ect.