RAM 1500 front dust/splash shields

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have owned my 2011 RAM 1500QC4x4 since 2012 when I bought locally from a dealer with about 12K miles on it. It is incredibly reliable and has needed very little except front brakes at 44K and a new battery in 2018 at about 80K miles. I just changed the front brakes again the other day at 94K and was truly surprised to see that the front dust/splash shields had deteriorated so badly that the drivers side shield disintegrated when I gave a finger flick. The passenger side isn't any better. New are readily available for about $55 under Dorman #924-684, and they fit both 2WD and 4WD vehicles.

My question is, is there some coating I can apply such as a plasti-dip or 10 coats of paint to get me greater part life? The rear shields are far better but not perfect either. I might just hit them with Rustoleum Rust Resolver to see if that helps at all. It couldn't hurt, could it?

Make me smarter my friends! Even at 72 I still don't know all the answers, but would love to learn from your experiences. Many thanks in advance.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this post is fairly old but I would put a couple coats of rustoleum on them...I would use black gloss if it were me..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca