Ram 1500 vs Ford F-150 Air-Conditioner Test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May seem silly, but things like this are a huge deal in the South right now! Spoiler: Ford wins, doh!

Something I hadn't thought about before too, is that assuming the AC units are identical, could be a big bonus to the smaller cabs with a regular XLT in white w/ remote start being ice-cube city. Can't wait to see what the 2020 Ram regular cabs are like.

Lawman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Since the Ford had a much lower vent temp I don't understand why the cab temps were so close..Does the Ram move more air?

OP
OP
Jessica Smith

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since the Ford had a much lower vent temp I don't understand why the cab temps were so close..Does the Ram move more air?
I found out reading the comments that the test was completely invalid.

For some reason the Ram appears to have turned off its recirculate, or maybe it wasn't turned on, making the comparison unfair. Recirculate will make a huge difference on a hot day once the cab is below outside.

Lawman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I found out reading the comments that the test was completely invalid.

For some reason the Ram appears to have turned off its recirculate, or maybe it wasn't turned on, making the comparison unfair. Recirculate will make a huge difference on a hot day once the cab is below outside.
I missed that..If that's true the test is worthless.