RAM CAN-BUS Messages?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Does anyone have a reference for the possible can-bus messages for the 4th Gen RAMs? (Not trouble codes, the actual can-bus messages)

-K

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does anyone have a reference for the possible can-bus messages for the 4th Gen RAMs? (Not trouble codes, the actual can-bus messages)

-K
Is there a certain set of messages you are wanting to see in particular?

Are you wanting to see messages on the Can-B Bus or the Diag-Can-C?

Are you having an issue where a certain module is not sending or receiving bus messages?

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Is there a certain set of messages you are wanting to see in particular?

Are you wanting to see messages on the Can-B Bus or the Diag-Can-C?

Are you having an issue where a certain module is not sending or receiving bus messages?

For my current project I'm looking for any codes going to/from the door modules and basic vehicle status information (key position, engine running or not, etc) but I'd like to get my hands on as much info as possible to account for future projects. I believe that would be on the Can-B bus, but I may be mistaken. This is not for troubleshooting, it's a data display/control project.

-K

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For my current project I'm looking for any codes going to/from the door modules and basic vehicle status information (key position, engine running or not, etc) but I'd like to get my hands on as much info as possible to account for future projects. I believe that would be on the Can-B bus, but I may be mistaken. This is not for troubleshooting, it's a data display/control project.

-K
You are correct that this is from the Can-B bus.

With a good scan tool like WiTech you can see the bussed inputs and outputs like a wake-up signal, key in ignition, key in accessory, etc. You can also see bussed voltages and ohms.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You are correct that this is from the Can-B bus.

With a good scan tool like WiTech you can see the bussed inputs and outputs like a wake-up signal, key in ignition, key in accessory, etc. You can also see bussed voltages and ohms.
Yes, I know that. But I'm not looking to see pre digested data in a scan tool. I'm looking for the hexadecimal coding of the raw messages on the bus so that my device (which has a can bus interface chip) can monitor for and act on them. I can do data dumps and try to correlate activities with codes going by on the bus, but if I can find a list to start with it will be much easier.

-K