RAM OUT SELLS CHEVROLET FOR 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
****olet's are just that ****
The motoring public has taken notice.
Hell they rattle like a barrel of monkeys in a metal can before they even leave the factory.
I'm proud that ram has taken the #2 spot. **** better look out cause were coming for the #1 spot.

Blue Mule

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Nobody despises GM more than I do, and they would likely have outsold them anyway, but the UAW strike against Gimmick Motors does make it a little less gratifying.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
FCA took a loss in margins however due to increased incentives and all the marketing necessary to get the #2 spot by a measly 50k units. Not to mention tooling costs for the redesign as well as keeping the classic running.

Next year will be much different for the big 3, IMO

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
****olet's are just that ****
The motoring public has taken notice.
Hell they rattle like a barrel of monkeys in a metal can before they even leave the factory.
I'm proud that ram has taken the #2 spot. **** better look out cause were coming for the #1 spot.

Blue Mule
I'm gonna get trolled hard for this but... we have 0 chance to take over #1 likely within the next 20 years jbh. And had it not been for the price difference I likely ended up with a iridescent pearl white cc z71 in 18. However for what it is worth with the new design I'll never look at a chevy again. I can say I do love my ram but I've really liked all the trucks I've had from the big 3. I'm not a brand ***** buy any means. Currently have 2 chevys in my garage a 07 tahoe and a 18 Malibu redline in the iridescent pearl white lol. When I bought my ram ford was fastest ram rode the best and the chevy is the cheapest to mod and in all honesty the 18 was my favorite looking at the time. In the end I picked the ram because it rides good was 2nd fastest, and for the types of mods cams and such 2nd cheapest to mod for na, also the torque curve was a better suite for my towing needs over the coyote. Granted my truck is an express but it came from the dealer cc 4x4 leather katskins sunroof for 33k out the door. To get leather and a sunroof in the other 2 brands would have been 20k more most likely with leather and sunroof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Good for Ram. I've been a Chevy "car" fan for years. I looked at Chevy/GMC trucks a few times when shopping for a new ride but they couldn't compete, initially, with Ford and now Ford and Ram. Over the last 15 years or so, I've flipped back and forth between Ford and Ram because I like both. The main determining factor is buying the most current generation which typically has the latest and greatest technology, performance and convenience. I don't bash any of the original Big 3. They all have something I like. You'll never see an Asian vehicle of any sort owned by me.......

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was a diehard GM fan for 35 years. But my very first brand new one (2014 GMC 1500) turned me off for good. One drive in a RAM convinced me. And I always had placed Dodge (RAM) at the bottom of the big 3 pile. But an employee of mine had gotten a RAM a couple years earlier and being soooo disappointed with my '14 I decided to check RAM out.

Frankly, I never even tested a FROD, because they didn't (still don't, as far as I know) have a mid-cab (QC in RAM-speak) true four-door cab. We had a Honda Element for many years (and actually still miss it) but the one thing I absolutely hated about it was the "clamshell" style doors - where you have to open the front door to open the rear door. So I never even considered a truck that you have to Fix Or Repair Daily with the same limitation.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You'll never see an Asian vehicle of any sort owned by me.......

I'm mostly with you. Have had a few:

1984 Accord sedan (was my fiance's when we got married)
1988 Corolla All-Trac wagon (great car)
2006 Honda Element (one of our all-round favorite vehicles)

I think that's it. Out of somewhere between 30 and 50 passenger vehicles it's definitely a minority.

Side note: do people maintain a list of cars/trucks they've owned? I started a list probably 20 years ago but haven't maintained it. Would be hard pressed to come up with an accurate list today...

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah, well Porsche is never going to be #1 (in units sold) either, but that will never stop me from owning one...
Didnt say I wouldnt own another brand infact said the opposite. Confused as to the point your trying to make. I simply responded to someone saying we were going to take #1 in truck sales.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Didnt say I wouldnt own another brand infact said the opposite. Confused as to the point your trying to make. I simply responded to someone saying we were going to take #1 in truck sales.

I never suggested you would/should own something else???

My point is that that #1 in sales doesn't mean anything from an enthusiast/performance point of view. Results are what matters unless you just want an "accepted" badge in your driveway.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I never suggested you would/should own something else???

My point is that that #1 in sales doesn't mean anything from an enthusiast/performance point of view. Results are what matters unless you just want an "accepted" badge in your driveway.
Now I got ya lol.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I'm mostly with you. Have had a few:

1984 Accord sedan (was my fiance's when we got married)
1988 Corolla All-Trac wagon (great car)
2006 Honda Element (one of our all-round favorite vehicles)

I think that's it. Out of somewhere between 30 and 50 passenger vehicles it's definitely a minority.

Side note: do people maintain a list of cars/trucks they've owned? I started a list probably 20 years ago but haven't maintained it. Would be hard pressed to come up with an accurate list today...
I lost track of what I've owned over the years. There were years I might buy and sell 6 or 7 . Trying to drive for free and make a couple bucks here and there. Thought about trying to put a list together a couple times, as well. Not gonna happen. I remember plenty but some I only had a few weeks. Then I got into the car business for a real job and didn't chase after deals in the newspaper classifieds anymore.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice to see Ram moving up in the world. I was a Chevy car an truck man for years, but in 99 the trans in my 95 Tahoe was going up and since it had less than 60 K on it I was pissed off and wanted another truck. Compared Chevy 1500 to Dodge Ram 1500 and could not see the reason to spend 10k more on the Chevy. Been in Rams ever since and damn happy with them.

chargedup78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
GM just got destroyed in the latest Consumer Reports. Whether you take their findings to heart or not, a lot of folks do, and the silverado/sierra/colorado/canyon were all given abysmal numbers in the latest edition. The F-150 also got ripped apart and not recommended. RAM hasn't taken too hard a hit yet in the reliability/longevity department simply because its a new design and they don't have enough data to support any conclusions.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I recently compiled a list of all the vehicles I've owned over the years. Someone had asked me about vehicle colors, and I was curious as to which color I've owned the most of. By far it's white LOL. I've owned 47 cars in my life in case anyone is interested. Of those, only 4 of them were purchased brand new, including my current Ram. Many of them were GM products, but 3 out of the last 4 have been Rams. Given GM's most recent offering, I expect that trend to continue, at least for me.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
It’s worth noting though that combining Silverado with GMC Sierra sales still puts them above ram. Because let’s be honest, it’s the same dang truck