Ram Rust Warrenty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ran across this on a facebook page,figured some of you guys might be interested

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
It used to be much longer. Heck, an untreated panel will most likely not suffer penetration in that time. I don't understand what Stellantis is doing regarding the customer these days.

Update: I looked up my 2015's corrosion warranty. It was 5 years/100K miles. Perforation is the only thing really covered. Rarely happens w/in 5 years.

Last edited:

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
It used to be much longer. Heck, an untreated panel will most likely not suffer penetration in that time. I don't understand what Stellantis is doing regarding the customer these days.
To be blunt, it's a good selling point for the sales person to use on the uneducated buyer and the OEM knows they will never have pay out on it.

Also, the warranties aren't always just based on mile/months out of the blue, I'm sure there are analysis based on dealer repairs, test data , model data and then risk assigned. Based on the assigned risk, extended mile/month warranties can be sold and profit made because the system failed outside the warranty period.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ran across this on a facebook page,figured some of you guys might be interested

The warranties I've seen in Canada seem completely different from those in the US.

They're significantly more expensive in Canada for less coverage. They often substitute miles with kilometres, which is about 38% less distance, and I saw nothing longer than 5 years/100,000 Km (62,000 miles).

When I was buying my truck in January 2022, I pushed for details on what was covered for surface rust and perforations.

I was told that with any FCA vehicle sold in Ontario, the rust warranty is void due to all the crap used on the roads.

And, they provide no discount when selling the undercoating & paint finish warranty.

Left-lane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"any FCA vehicle sold in Ontario, the rust warranty is void due to all the crap used on the roads" is really harsh and unconscionable by the company and dealership. Did you do the undercoating? How is it working out?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Interesting this is coming up now. I'm at 152,000Km's and 4.5years of ownership since purchase brand new.

I've got a bubble forming on my front left quarter panel right now.
No impact damage to prompt it either... just a bubble that is able to be pushed about with my finger tip.

I've also got some spots on my roof and front quarters where it appears like corrosion is forming under the paint. It's hard to the touch, and not bubbly like the one area I mentioned above.

This is such a PITA because I take such great care of my vehicle. Keeping it clean and polished all the time.

I know these trouble areas are only going to get worse, too.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
The Corrosion warranty I know has been utilized by Jeep Wrangler guys. My friend has an 18 and is going through the process. The paint is bubbling on the doors and is a known problem. Has nothing to do with salt on the roads and everything to do with factory prep and dissimilar metals. That is what the warranty is for.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Every spring when the salt is washed from the roads I use an undercarriage washer I made. Now you can buy the Assy as in the attached pic. I put a pool noodle over the handle so as to not scratch the sill areas as you move the washer back and forth. After I wash the underside I go back over the vehicle with a top down hose rinse including the bottom of the doors and engine areas.

Attachments

• undercarriage washer.jpg
    undercarriage washer.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
In snow country, i would think that getting a Krown Treatment at least once a year is your best hope.

Just do any underside maintenance, before you take the vehicle in for a treatment
Agreed!

I've had a total of six Krown treatments at my best friends shop (his family owns it) since new.
My truck gets thoroughly sprayed, even my engine bat gets soaked, including my fuse box, alternator, ECM, and all electrical connections.

Not a lick of rust on my truck anywhere at all.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Agreed!

I've had a total of six Krown treatments at my best friends shop (his family owns it) since new.
My truck gets thoroughly sprayed, even my engine bat gets soaked, including my fuse box, alternator, ECM, and all electrical connections.

Not a lick of rust on my truck anywhere at all.
Agree

I use Rust Check because I like the shop, TT Automotive in Edmonton, and the great job they do of applying it, but is it is essentially the same as Crown. The spray on oil bath, and having it renewed, definitely cuts down on rust. The other really important factor is keeping the vehicles clean all winter.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I had a 2013 Ram that started developing bubbles on the one bed side in 2017. Took it to the dealer and they got the whole bedside replaced under warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500