Ram sport package all white or chrome bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarneson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys looking at trading my 2018 1500 Silverado in on a new 2020 ram sport package! My question is how is the paint on the painted bumpers hold up? On my Silverado there’s chips every where. So do I go with the sport package or the chrome bumpers? Love the all white tho but not sure how dodge paint holds up!

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Mopar paint is some of the best paint on the market. Never been a real problem. GM has always had crappy paint. From the 80' to current the primer that GM uses dont geehaw with the topcoat colors and the clearcoat is sprayed super thin. That's why you see so many chips in the paint.
Dont get me wrong all paint will get rock chips but Mopar uses 3+3 setups. 3 color and 3 clear.
I say that you'll be tickled ****less with the quality of the Mopar paints.
I've had my truck 2 years now and the chips I see in my paint are tiny Rick chips on the lower 1/4 panels behind the front wheels. That's from not slowing down fast enough when getting on fresh black top pavement. Totally my fault there.
Get that 2020 and you'll be smiling for years and lots of miles.

Blue Mule

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had three Rams with painted bumpers, two sports and my current Rebel. Paint holds up very well, go with the all white Sport version.

I am looking at the all Delmonico Red Laramie Sport myself.

Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jarneson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mopar paint is some of the best paint on the market. Never been a real problem. GM has always had crappy paint. From the 80' to current the primer that GM uses dont geehaw with the topcoat colors and the clearcoat is sprayed super thin. That's why you see so many chips in the paint.
Dont get me wrong all paint will get rock chips but Mopar uses 3+3 setups. 3 color and 3 clear.
I say that you'll be tickled ****less with the quality of the Mopar paints.
I've had my truck 2 years now and the chips I see in my paint are tiny Rick chips on the lower 1/4 panels behind the front wheels. That's from not slowing down fast enough when getting on fresh black top pavement. Totally my fault there.
Get that 2020 and you'll be smiling for years and lots of miles.

Blue Mule
Ya my Silverado sucks for paint chips everywhere! Not the reason I’m trading it in tho! Tranny sucks and they won’t fix it that’s why Chevy is in a huge law suit right for there trannys! So said screw it buying a dodge! Hopefully I’m happy with the ram never owned one!

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I am looking at the all Delmonico Red Laramie Sport myself.

Excellent color choice.

I bought my 19 Laramie Sport after 4+ years with a white 14 Sport. While I had a couple small chips over that time the paint held up well and the OEM touch up paint covered both of them.

I had no hesitation about buying the 19 Sport option in the Delmonico Red Laramie. No chips after 5 months but I don't travel 100 miles a day on gravel roads either.

MZoyrJt.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jarneson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Panted bumpers = paint chips and eventual repaint or a wrap right off the bat.

Chrome = low maintenance.

I like the look of painted bumpers. I've owned a couple. Ford and Ram. Both ended up it plenty of chips.
Do they make a 3m wrap film for bumpers?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like most things, different people have had different experiences. I had two sports with painted bumpers, they were both 5-6 years old when I traded them in and never had a rock chip in either one of them. My chrome bumper on my longhorn on the other hand, I saw a spot that got dinged enough to have a visible impact, bad luck maybe or just coincidence. Either way, overall, both style bumpers seem to hold up pretty well from what I've seen.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go painted for sure. For extra insurance get the front end wrapped in ppf and not worry about paint chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Ya my Silverado sucks for paint chips everywhere! Not the reason I’m trading it in tho! Tranny sucks and they won’t fix it that’s why Chevy is in a huge law suit right for there trannys! So said screw it buying a dodge! Hopefully I’m happy with the ram never owned one!
I promise you will love it

Blue Mule

Tommy lee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
There is no such bullet proof paint. You will get rock chips here and there. I already have a handful number of rock chips on my hood and bumper. One day I was unlucky happened to be right behind a dump truck carrying sand and rocks.

CfoxRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys looking at trading my 2018 1500 Silverado in on a new 2020 ram sport package! My question is how is the paint on the painted bumpers hold up? On my Silverado there’s chips every where. So do I go with the sport package or the chrome bumpers? Love the all white tho but not sure how dodge paint holds up!

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are looking at the classic with the sport frontend, definitely painted as it looks so much sharper and the lines are much crisper and aggressive.

CfoxRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have had 2 Ram Sports and now my 2018 Laramie 2500 w/matching painted bumpers and have never had a problem with pain other than the mistake of getting behind a rock hauler but that was my fault. I think you will be pleasantly happy with your upgrade to a Ram and it’s quality.

CF6AF01B-5039-48A2-A815-CE3574A487AA.jpeg

Newman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like the painted bumpers and grill and saved thousands by going with the appearance package rather than the sport model. Didn’t really want the sun roof although I like the hood and larger wheels.A305E533-4090-464E-ACC9-3DC35AD28C7B.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jarneson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has ram had any problems with there trucks at all that I should know about before I buy!

Jimbo263

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my first ram as well. So far so good. With lifetime warranty as long as I own it. Cant complain about that. I was a chevy/gmc fan prior. So I decided to give it a go. All I've heard is positive things about this new model.

OP
OP
J

Jarneson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is my first ram as well. So far so good. With lifetime warranty as long as I own it. Cant complain about that. I was a chevy/gmc fan prior. So I decided to give it a go. All I've heard is positive things about this new model.
What did ur warranty cost if I can ask?