Ram sport package all white or chrome bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had 2 Ram Sports with painted bumpers. Nothing your going to do is going to stop very rock chip in the front end short of not driving your truck. I had the front end of both trucks wrapped with ppf for additional protection and it did a good job in reducing the number of paint chips. If you have it professionally applied, which I would strongly suggest, and use a good quality product, you will find that it ain't cheap. However, I would do it again when I buy a new truck.
Jay

SportySportSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a white 16 Sport had a couple chips but the factory paint pen cleaned them both up with no issues. Had a 13 Express before that and didn't have any chips at all. Good luck

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I have chrome bumpers and accents on my Laramie, but if I could have found a Sport in white and with the accessories I wanted and the EcoDiesel, I definitely would have gone that direction. I do prefer the all white look. I feel like it also gives a little more flexibility with aftermarket wheels. I wanted black wheels, but I don't think the look of black wheels/white paint/chrome everything else goes together well. With the all white truck, you can use pretty much any color wheels and it works. My 2000 Dodge 1500 was a sport and the chips weren't much of a problem at all.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have had 2 Ram Sports and now my 2018 Laramie 2500 w/matching painted bumpers and have never had a problem with pain other than the mistake of getting behind a rock hauler but that was my fault. I think you will be pleasantly happy with your upgrade to a Ram and it’s quality.

Am I seeing an Indian Dark Horse behind the pretty silver Ram?

View attachment 188200

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Looks great! Let us know when you're ready for us to start spending your money on mods..... :)

**Edit** Technically, you're a RAM owner vice a Dodge owner......

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Chrome, more resilient than painted pumpers....

Scott Sanders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i get a lot of compliments regarding my 2019 NGen wht on wht C-Cab Bighorn Hemi (pic pending)

Drew Cardella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/o eTorque
My 2019 with 21k miles on it. I know I have a chip on it but it's so small I sometimes have a hard time finding it.

19RAM.jpg

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Chrome, more resilient than painted pumpers....
I agree with CHROME---but we seem to be in the minority---If I were to get the painted bumper then I would go ahead and get the protective film -it really does protect from stone chips etc. My 2cents-but I still love chrome.DSC00560.JPG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I'm sure there's enough responses in a comes down to personal preference but there's no doubt in my mind that the painted bumper is a much better look and I have at 2014 with 0 issues. Obviously over time you'll get a couple Knicks from the road but nothing that can't be buffed out. I just think it is a much sportier look, but to each their own

Last edited:

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm sure there's enough responses in a comes down to personal preference but there's no doubt in my mind that the painted bumper is a much better look and I have at 2014 with 0 issues. Obviously over time you'll get a couple Knicks from the road but nothing that can't be buffed out. I just think it is a much sportier look, but to each their own
exactly-get what you like-not what someone else prefers.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Hey guys looking at trading my 2018 1500 Silverado in on a new 2020 ram sport package! My question is how is the paint on the painted bumpers hold up? On my Silverado there’s chips every where. So do I go with the sport package or the chrome bumpers? Love the all white tho but not sure how dodge paint holds up!

Get rid of that GM and get a Great RAM. You will never be sorry. RAM for life.

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an Express before with painted grill and bumpers. I really liked the look and only had one nick, but it was physical damage. I think someone bumped the lower lip of the spoiler with their trailer hitch. My new one I got chrome, just so I can go driving through fields easier. I think both designs look good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk