Ram trucks arent what they used to be.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 & 1998
Engine
5.9 Gas & 5.9 Diesel
I still have a 96 4x4 gasser with a 360 and a 98 with the cummins diesel. Both have been great trucks with no major problems other than a couple of minor things like an electric door lock going bad. I have always believed that if you take good care of your vehicle, it will give little problems...

OP
OP
lambchop

lambchop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Well when your warranty runs out or something goes wrong that they wont cover remember that lol. Before someone decides to respond. If it were you dealing with this.Would you be laughing?

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
Well when your warranty runs out or something goes wrong that they wont cover remember that lol. Before someone decides to respond. If it were you dealing with this.Would you be laughing?

I wouldn't be dealing with this at all. If I had trouble with the service department, I would have explained to the salesman who sold me the truck that a problem was not getting handled. Any problem I have had never went beyond that. But, if that didn't work, I would have spoken to the sales manager and then to the owner/president of the dealership. Estimated time: 30 days, tops, and not more than 500 miles.

OP
OP
lambchop

lambchop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Just short of getting kicked out of 2 dealerships because one wouldnt do a thing without Ram paying for anything done. And the second im still dealing with.You would think it was that easy but its not.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp

Been there done that, went home and figured it out myself.
FCA/Ram dealers suck balls, I have really been thinking of cancelling my extended warranty and getting my money back.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
I can give an example of finding the right person to talk to, even when you happen to be wrong, sort of. Not Ram, though. Toyota. I had a 4WD Toyota van and it lost the ability to shift the transfer case. I had lost track of how long I had it. I figured out that it was a vacuum-operated switch, under the truck. I had purchased the van in MA, but was then living in NH. The dealer in NH was closer, so I got the switch there. It was so expensive, I was stunned. Can't recall now, but if it wasn't around $140., then it was $240. Irrelevant. I was disturbed by the price and called Toyota in CA to get an address to write a letter (about price) and the person at the other end said, "Your van is still under warranty." Huh? So I contacted the parts dept. where I bought the part and he talked to me as if I were a moron, explaining the warranty. I understood how it worked. What I hadn't realized was that it was still under warranty. Parts Manager stuck to explaining how the warranty worked. I called CA for help. Received a check a few days later from the dealership in MA where I bought the van for the price of the part, something I had neither asked for nor expected.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, they can be poor quality. They can be great orngood, too. I have a 2005 1500 quad 4x4 slt that just went over 239k, 13 years old.
Up until this year it's been great.
Seen people with 300k on original engine and still with original guts.
Mine is starting to fall apart now this past year or do, but I can hardly call that a bad truck.

I knew people in service whose M60 machine guns always went ka-chunk/bang one time and stopped firing. Every time. Those were the gunners who had ammo bearers whose tripods were always rusty, too.
Then I knew people in service whose M60s ALWAYS sang a wonderful tune. Every time. Thier ABs also kept their tripods rust free. In the jungle. During rainy season. All the time.

Sometimes ya gotta give a little love to get some love back from your equipment.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
Lambchop, how does the truck behave in the passing lane of a limited access highway?

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
"They don't make them like they used to... they never did." - Franklyn Ajaye

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Lambchop, how does the truck behave in the passing lane of a limited access highway?

Given the construction around Portland, he'll have to go all the way out to Salem to find out :p

(kidding. Mostly. Maybe Hwy 30 between Linnton and Scappoose...)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish