Ram wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Edmunds just posted a video comparison of the '19 models of Ram, Chevy and Ford. All similar trim levels, Laramie, LTZ and Lariat. Comparison looked at a wide variety of areas from interiors, bed capacity, towing, track, and ride performances.

Results - 1 Ram, 2 F-150, 3 Silverado.

therethere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Historically whoever has the most recent redesign wins. I do like the 5th gens though.
The 2019 Silverado is also brand new. Kind of sad that it lost to the now 4 year old F-150 (which granted is a great truck, but still).

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 2019 Silverado is also brand new. Kind of sad that it lost to the now 4 year old F-150 (which granted is a great truck, but still).
I agree. That styling is pretty polarizing on the new Chevy...might make some of the **** talkers on here like the 5th gen a bit, lol. Bottom line is the interiors aren't in the same league on these trucks and all of the rest of their capabilities is a wash for the most part unless your talking ******* contest. Factor in the ride quality is hands down the best also and it's a no-brainer for me...I do like the sporty versions of the Chevy...the red one with the black fascia in particular looks pretty cool to my eye.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No surprise. These 5th gens are nice. I would have put Silverado at 2nd though. If they would have updated the interior better I probably would have bought the new Silverado over the Ram. Once I sat in the new Ram I was sold. The interior is way ahead of the others.

Lights_out

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wasn't completely sold on the new Ram at first, it grew on me a bit, but then I saw a blacked out one in person. Blew me away. Had to have one then. Went and got a closer look at one, very impressed by the interior and the ride quality. I do like the looks of the Silverado too, but not the new version. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that goofy front end. But I'm with the others here, the interior and ride quality is FAR inferior to the Ram. It's not even close. As far as Ford? NEVER. Always hated them. The way they ride and feel just does not suit my tastes at all.

OP
OP
M

MaxB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got to be a disappointment for Chevy and their redesign to finish behind a Ford style that's been on the market for a few years.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The only thing Chevy has on the others is the new software that shuts offs cylinders in a more energy efficient manner. The software is from a firm in silicone valley and they are shopping the tech to others. It is said to improve mileage by 15 to 20%.

Nola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The new Ram is a awesome truck, it sold me.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The only thing Chevy has on the others is the new software that shuts offs cylinders in a more energy efficient manner. The software is from a firm in silicone valley and they are shopping the tech to others. It is said to improve mileage by 15 to 20%.

GM has one other feature over the others. It really only applies to those of us who tow. The feature applies the parking brake when you shift in to park preventing that ever so slight movement that often prevents the ball from aligning to the hitch.

As far as the aesthetics of the new GM twins, I like the exterior but they really failed on the interior, subjective I know. The higher trims of these two look more like the interior of a work truck's interior. Cheezy looking knobs, plastic materials, neither offering much in the way of contrast.

GM also needs help with their paint colors, they are boring. Talking about colors, what is up with RAM deciding to charge an additional fee for colors? And another thing, what is with their outrages delivery/transportation fee, $1,695.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GM has one other feature over the others. It really only applies to those of us who tow. The feature applies the parking brake when you shift in to park preventing that ever so slight movement that often prevents the ball from aligning to the hitch.

As far as the aesthetics of the new GM twins, I like the exterior but they really failed on the interior, subjective I know. The higher trims of these two look more like the interior of a work truck's interior. Cheezy looking knobs, plastic materials, neither offering much in the way of contrast.

GM also needs help with their paint colors, they are boring. Talking about colors, what is up with RAM deciding to charge an additional fee for colors? And another thing, what is with their outrages delivery/transportation fee, $1,695.

LOL.... yeah wait till the customer gets the bill to fix THAT feature... everything within the parking brake components will rust. How long will THAT feature hold up in the salty parts of the country. And then add the fact into the chevy brake system is just horrible. Visit the chevy forums, you`ll surly see alot of complaints of their over-all truck market. Drive-line problems, transmission problems, electronic failures, software problems. I`ve got some chevy friends who swear by the brand, then secretly swear at the brand when nobody is there to hear them. HAVE WE`VE BECOME THAT LAZY WHEN WE CAN`T EVEN APPLY THE PARKING BRAKE OURSELVES...??? I dont need my truck to do this kind of thing, i`ll decide when to apply the parking brake. This feature is one more thing to go wrong. Its a very bad idea, and is certainly NO SELLING feature to me as far as i`m concerned. But some people just gotta have the bells & whistles i guess. Your money, spend it! But don`t ***** when it breaks!

The delivery fee: Thats up to you to pay that. I get so much $$$ off my deals that i dont even think about the delivery fee. Your paying that FEE no matter what brand emblem is in the grill of your vehicle. What makes the difference is how the factory hides that into the price on the window sticker. Some brands will hide it within the price of the vehicle just to use as a bargaining chip to think your getting a better deal than the other competitors are offering. One thing comes to mind... ABSORBED WITHIN THE PRICE TO FOOL THE CUSTOMER.

Expensive colors: Read above paragraph, then subsitute FEE vs COLOR.

Lights_out

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL.... yeah wait till the customer gets the bill to fix THAT feature... everything within the parking brake components will rust. How long will THAT feature hold up in the salty parts of the country. And then add the fact into the chevy brake system is just horrible. Visit the chevy forums, you`ll surly see alot of complaints of their over-all truck market. Drive-line problems, transmission problems, electronic failures, software problems. I`ve got some chevy friends who swear by the brand, then secretly swear at the brand when nobody is there to hear them. HAVE WE`VE BECOME THAT LAZY WHEN WE CAN`T EVEN APPLY THE PARKING BRAKE OURSELVES...??? I dont need my truck to do this kind of thing, i`ll decide when to apply the parking brake. This feature is one more thing to go wrong. Its a very bad idea, and is certainly NO SELLING feature to me as far as i`m concerned. But some people just gotta have the bells & whistles i guess. Your money, spend it! But don`t ***** when it breaks!

The delivery fee: Thats up to you to pay that. I get so much $$$ off my deals that i dont even think about the delivery fee. Your paying that FEE no matter what brand emblem is in the grill of your vehicle. What makes the difference is how the factory hides that into the price on the window sticker. Some brands will hide it within the price of the vehicle just to use as a bargaining chip to think your getting a better deal than the other competitors are offering. One thing comes to mind... ABSORBED WITHIN THE PRICE TO FOOL THE CUSTOMER.

Expensive colors: Read above paragraph, then subsitute FEE vs COLOR.

Delivery fee....who cares? The out the door price is the out the door price, no matter how they slice it. I don't care if they sell me a $40k truck for $699 and charge a $39300 delivery fee, it's still $40k. Lol. That's why I always make an OUT THE DOOR offer when negotiating. Don't care how you get there, this is what I'll pay. Wanna pump 2k more into my trade to get there? Fine. Wanna drop 2k more off the price of the truck? Fine. Don't care. Just make it happen.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Delivery fee....who cares? The out the door price is the out the door price, no matter how they slice it. I don't care if they sell me a $40k truck for $699 and charge a $39300 delivery fee, it's still $40k. Lol. That's why I always make an OUT THE DOOR offer when negotiating. Don't care how you get there, this is what I'll pay. Wanna pump 2k more into my trade to get there? Fine. Wanna drop 2k more off the price of the truck? Fine. Don't care. Just make it happen.

This. I know my OTD price. Sell me the truck for $1 and a 40k dealer fee - IDC.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
My first new vehicle was purchased in 1967. First Chrysler product was Dodge van, 1970-1/2, the first van with the engine up front. It was a 318 and you couldn't kill it, but I digress. I learned in my very first purchase in '67 that it was always "my trade + how much?" I also learned that it is not possible to find out what the actual lowest price is unless you are ready to buy right then.

mxsnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995 BR V10,2005 DR Hemi,2015 DS Outdoorsman Hemi,2019 Bighorn Hemi.
Engine
hemi 5.7
The Ram ebrake can be set to apply in park automatically,it also does it when the 7 way trailer connector is used,the beauty of electric e brakes till a caliper needs replacing.

Scott2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my parking brake set to come on when I turn off my truck.It’s always a good idea to set it if you park on an incline or decline.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Edmunds just posted a video comparison of the '19 models of Ram, Chevy and Ford. All similar trim levels, Laramie, LTZ and Lariat. Comparison looked at a wide variety of areas from interiors, bed capacity, towing, track, and ride performances.

Results - 1 Ram, 2 F-150, 3 Silverado.

Yup, saw a Youtube video from Edmunds. Three different drivers, all liked the Ram best....Mopar or no car (or truck)