Rambox problem.. revisited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomek941

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just joined this forum, hello to everyone. I’ve read a few older posts here as well as elsewhere about the “less than perfect” fit and finish on the Rambox system. Knowing full well that there will be trouble, I recently traded my 19’ for a 19’ 2500 with the boxes. One side is a solid 1/2” warped and leaking, other side not quite as bad. I inquired about this at a local dalership before I purchased and was told they would replace under warranty. My question: Has anyone done this? Will they fit better now, and most importantly do they reuse the colored panel or does the unit come in one piece. I’m concerned about the color/fading etc of the truck versus the new panel.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Your HD is technically a 4th gen, as far as the sheet metal goes. And the ramboxes used for 4th gens are not made by the same vendor as those on the 5th gen 1500's. Since this is the 5th gen forum, I'm not sure if anyone here has experience with the 4th gen rambox lids. You might have better luck posting this question in the 4th gen forum.