Rancho shocks????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hurtzdonet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just replaced my shocks with Rancho series rs 5000 , the 2 front shocks developed a rattling noise so i replaced both with new shocks(used my warranty). Seemed to fix problem temporarily now both front shocks are rattling like crazy again. i confirmed with store and rancho that i have correct shocks . Both Rancho and my auto parts store are saying something is wrong with my truck and breaking the shocks. i just had 4 wheel alignment done and technician didn't find anything wrong with my suspension. the shocks maybe have 250-300 miles on them and no 4x4 use. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

i installed shocks myself top and bottom bolts/nuts are tight and the metal sleeve in the bottom bushing is not warbled out

TIA!

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I gave up on Rancho shocks long ago. Same as you, had continuous problems with RS5000s.

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I put those on the back of my truck the EYE on the bottom was a bit to big for the bolt, causing a lot of noise.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sounds like the shocks are having an internal failure. My guess is a bad batch that no one wants to own up to.