Ready lift or rough country 4 in lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickin520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
I have a 2018 1500 eco diesel and just recently bought it I have only 1500 miles and I want to lift it I’ve been reading on here about needing Uca on lifts I wanna go 4in as the dealer says that will not void my warranty nor will 35in tires so can someone tell me which of these 2 lifts would be better the ready lift with the uca or the rough country with the lifted knuckles and if I would still need uca with the rough country and if I should also run bilstiens with either lift and at what rate if so to no exceed 4in of liftI will not be off roading but will be pulling my boat thanks C77DF881-4169-467B-B2F5-C25A484F15BE.png AEC8CD1A-D17F-4EBD-A0C4-993E1FCC95E9.png

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Honestly, I would stay away from Rough Country ... Ready lift from people I know that have it are very happy with it .. they do have bilsteins as well ...

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Be sure to take a look at Zone 4” kit ... 5 years and no issues here ... And you don’t need UCA’s with that kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
They should rename it "Cheap Country", because that's their specialty....Not right, correct, or rough ...but "cheap".

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
i purchased a 14 sport just over 2 months ago. previous owner had a 4" RC lift installed with 35s by dealer (must have been the same sort of deal with dealer standing behind it like you). he did have UCAs installed. not sure what brand. the stance of the truck is perfect imo. 42.2" to fender in back, 42" in front. the ride is decent. no worse than stock. maybe a little better. body roll is definitely better. roads around here are very rough, its a little bouncy. again, no worse than stock.

having said all that, it really depends on your budget and goal. there definitely are better set ups out there. imo i would save up and buy a higher end lift. i would rather pay more upfront for higher quality than start replacing parts from poorer quality. Read some of the other threads and see other options as well.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
They should rename it "Cheap Country", because that's their specialty....Not right, correct, or rough ...but "cheap".

have you owned/ran an RC lift before? im not trying to defend or stand up for rc as plenty of people have mentioned them being of a lesser quality. but i dont see anyone mention exactly what is so bad. can certain parts be upgraded to fix this? this is my first lifted truck and it rides better than stock. just curious

Iasodbuster75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pulled a pair of cracked RC lift spacers out of my bud's 2500. That was all I needed to see.
That can happen to any brand. A lot comes into how the truck was used or abused. Also, were the spacers installed correctly and so on....

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran a Rough Country lift for about 4yrs with no problem.......but was on 2wd so.......????

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck already had a rough country lift on it when I bought it three years ago. It has been trouble free the entire time.

OP
OP
Nickin520

Nickin520

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
So the guys running rough country with the knuckles do u still need the uca’s or do the knuckles keep the geometry I also have a 91 cherokee and most of my Jeep buddies have rough country on there Jeeps that’s what I’m going with on my Jeep but for my ram I’m leaning toward the ready lift with bills and I’ve looked at the zone kits there just a little out of reach for me price wise

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m still running the stock uca’s for the time being.
I’m most likely going to need new upper ball joints this summer, and I’ll most likely upgrade the arms at the same time(mostly because I’m also wanting to add bills and go a little higher).

I could be mistaken on the year, but I believe it is the 13 and up ones that had issues with the upper joints popping when lifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
have you owned/ran an RC lift before? im not trying to defend or stand up for rc as plenty of people have mentioned them being of a lesser quality. but i dont see anyone mention exactly what is so bad. can certain parts be upgraded to fix this? this is my first lifted truck and it rides better than stock. just curious

I've ran RC's on three trucks in a row and never had a problem one. They are American made and a designed as best bang for your buck.

These guys sell them so the review might be a little skewed, but the info given is certainly valid.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 1500 eco diesel and just recently bought it I have only 1500 miles and I want to lift it I’ve been reading on here about needing Uca on lifts I wanna go 4in as the dealer says that will not void my warranty nor will 35in tires so can someone tell me which of these 2 lifts would be better the ready lift with the uca or the rough country with the lifted knuckles and if I would still need uca with the rough country and if I should also run bilstiens with either lift and at what rate if so to no exceed 4in of liftI will not be off roading but will be pulling my boat thanks View attachment 158514 View attachment 158515

My choice from theese two ..... would be the RC ..... because the ride quality on a daily driver......

Rwgarrison23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 4 inch full kit from RC, been on it for about a month and no issue yet. Likes better than stock. Only thing I didnt like is you have reroute the brake lines but that could been solved with longer brake lines.