Rough country ball joint or mevo tech control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mekcanix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good day,

I have a question for the masses. I have a 2016 ram rebel air deleted. I have added a 3" RC lift strut up front and the 2-3inch upper control arms, tubular. I have had them in for about 2 years. I have a winch behind the bumper and a setina (aluminum) push bar. So I net about 2 -1/4 lift/level.
I recently replaced the lower ball joints and in the process discovered the passenger one is loose. Turns out they are a special order from rough country which is a pain in the but in canada, or at least winnipeg. Budget is kinda tight. I can get the ball joints about 3 weeks 120$ each. So install myself no alignment required but if they fail I am back to special order parts. The other option is to install mevotech TTX arms and joints. I have read that they are ok for levelled trucks, but that means a alignment after the install.
Unfortunately the higher end arms are out of my budget for a bit of time. I tow a camper for most of the summer its around 5000 lbs.
I have been searching for info on these ball joints since the weekend and have found nothing on whats been sold to the ram guys. Also I think RC has possibly discontinued these arms.

So the question is: Which way would you go?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat