Rear Cabin Vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mounted an amp on my back wall over a vent and then put some spacers and self-tapping screws through the back wall. But, I have noticed a ton of road noise coming from the vent. Could I remove one vent and cover the hole with something and leave the other on the way it is? Then, put sound deadening material over the hole behind the amp?

If so, what would be the best thing to cover the hole in the rear of the cab?

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about finding a vent from a wrecked truck when we get one in my fathers wrecking and taking out the actual vent pieces and filling that up with something.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Removing the vent and covering the hole is not recommended. It's what allows all the pressure to escape when you close your doors.

That being said, I didn't know that on my '93 Dakota, removed it, covered the opening with sound deadener and never had any issues that I know of.

I'd leave it be m'self.

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, then I'm going to leave one vent open, on google some people have done this and not had any major problems. How did you keep water from getting in on your Dakota anyways?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok, then I'm going to leave one vent open, on google some people have done this and not had any major problems. How did you keep water from getting in on your Dakota anyways?

Just put a big piece of the adhesive backed sound deadening material over the whole. Never had anything 'pushing' on it, so it was never an issue.

Kind of 1/2 assed, but I was 17.:roflsquared:

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well, I sometimes go playing in the mud in mine, and I did ductape cover just as a test one time, water got in sadly when it rained.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I would just use a piece of sheet metal to cover the hole then cover that with some sound deadener