Rear Door Lock Fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Since I've owned my '05 Ram the driver's side rear door lock hasn't worked with the rest of them whether I used the key in the door or the fob. It isn't a big deal to reach through the driver's door and push or pull it manually, unless you have an armload of stuff to put in. After reading through some postings here and watching a couple of Utube vids, it took me less than 1/2 an hour to pull back the conduit, see 3 broken wires, and splice them back together. Some electrical tape and push everything back into place and all is right with the world. Damn, I love this truck! Makes me feel like the kid that used to work on his cars and trucks all the time when growing up. Or should I say growing old? :pepper:

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^timely...my 07 just started doing this. Wires to the lock actuator?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since I've owned my '05 Ram the driver's side rear door lock hasn't worked with the rest of them whether I used the key in the door or the fob. It isn't a big deal to reach through the driver's door and push or pull it manually, unless you have an armload of stuff to put in. After reading through some postings here and watching a couple of Utube vids, it took me less than 1/2 an hour to pull back the conduit, see 3 broken wires, and splice them back together. Some electrical tape and push everything back into place and all is right with the world. Damn, I love this truck! Makes me feel like the kid that used to work on his cars and trucks all the time when growing up. Or should I say growing old? :pepper:

Having the same issue along with speaker not working. Was the wire you speak of behind the door panel?
thanks

OP
OP
Smokeybear01

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Having the same issue along with speaker not working. Was the wire you speak of behind the door panel?
thanks

NO! There is no need to remove the door panel. When the door is open you will see a large flexible conduit coming out of the upright support and entering the door. You can literally push back the flexible rubber conduit from the body side and see all the thin wires inside of it. At that point you can simply plip out the connector on the body side to make it easier to work on and when your finished it simply pushes back into place with a snap. If you're not sure and have access to Youtube, I highly recommend watching a video. You'll be amazed at what an easy fix it is. Good luck.

OP
OP
Smokeybear01

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
^^^timely...my 07 just started doing this. Wires to the lock actuator?
Every wire that goes into the door- power window, locks, speakers, everything- goes through the conduit into the forward side of the door. Push back the flexible rubber conduit and you'll see the wires. Easy Peasy.