Rear LED Light Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKArmendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently put on some small LED light bars on the rear bumper of my truck. I added these to have additional light when backing up or hooking up a trailer at night etc. Has anyone else done this?

IMG_4595.jpgIMG_4596.jpgIMG_4593.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I haven't done it on my Ram. I installed 1000 lumen reverse lights instead and it is more than enough light lol. Did them on my old 1 ton though.

OP
OP
AKArmendariz

AKArmendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good, subtle. What are they like at night? Post a pic of the light they throw. :)

I will as soon as I can get them wired! Wiring comes in at the end of this week.

OP
OP
AKArmendariz

AKArmendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't done it on my Ram. I installed 1000 lumen reverse lights instead and it is more than enough light lol. Did them on my old 1 ton though.

I thought about doing that as an option. But I wanted light in the event I needed it aside from backing up. But as an addition I may upgrade my reverse lights. What brand did you use for your bulbs?

Firewall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Do you have a link to where you purchased those. I have been looking for something like that, they look nice the way you mounted them.

OP
OP
AKArmendariz

AKArmendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a link to where you purchased those. I have been looking for something like that, they look nice the way you mounted them.

Here is the link for the ones I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0197ZQLBA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

It comes with two sets of mounting brackets and I used the smaller ones of the kit.

I noticed you have a heavy duty, I ordered some for my father in-laws heavy duty we put them on his truck as well. I’ll get you some pictures of how he mounted them on his truck.

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I thought about doing that as an option. But I wanted light in the event I needed it aside from backing up. But as an addition I may upgrade my reverse lights. What brand did you use for your bulbs?

I used Lasfit. They are canbus compatible and non polarized for fool proof install. I used their bulbs on reverse, third brake, license plate and cargo.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I mounted two cheap 7" bars as backup lights and tapped onto the backup light wiring at the rear of the truck. Working fine, no problems.
We welded tabs onto the hitch tube to get the lights up high and further back. Here's a pic of the radio screen at night.

Backup-Lights-via-Dash-Screen.png

Backup-Lights-Mounted.png

OP
OP
AKArmendariz

AKArmendariz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mounted two cheap 7" bars as backup lights and tapped onto the backup light wiring at the rear of the truck. Working fine, no problems.
We welded tabs onto the hitch tube to get the lights up high and further back. Here's a pic of the radio screen at night.

Backup-Lights-via-Dash-Screen.png

Backup-Lights-Mounted.png

That looks great at night! I’m glad you were able to get a picture of what it looks like on your display because I was worried of everything being displayed funny on the head unit while in reverse.

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
seems like the have better light output than our stock headlights. I have two 6in bars that are integrated into my rear westin bumper. looks like they should do just fine when I can find the time to get it mounted.