Rear lift options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willtoride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey folks,

I've got a 2022 non-orp 1500 dt and looking to add 5100's to the front for 2" of lift. I'd also like to lift the rear 1-2" to maintain some rake. I've gone through this forum but I still have some questions, and I'm wondering what you all think would be the best/cost effective way to achieve this.

1. Are new rear springs better than spacers?
2. Do 4th gen spacers work on 5th gen trucks?
3. Is it a requirement to upgrade the shocks or replace anything else in the rear with a 1" or 2" lift? I noticed the Mopar 2" lift includes some extras for the rear lift - would these be required?
4. Will the stock shocks top out with a rear lift? Any other noises/ride quality issues to be aware of?

The lift is mostly for clearance on forest service roads throughout British Columbia. It's not real off-roading, but they can be pretty rough/washed out.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey folks,

I've got a 2022 non-orp 1500 dt and looking to add 5100's to the front for 2" of lift. I'd also like to lift the rear 1-2" to maintain some rake. I've gone through this forum but I still have some questions, and I'm wondering what you all think would be the best/cost effective way to achieve this.

1. Are new rear springs better than spacers?
2. Do 4th gen spacers work on 5th gen trucks?
3. Is it a requirement to upgrade the shocks or replace anything else in the rear with a 1" or 2" lift? I noticed the Mopar 2" lift includes some extras for the rear lift - would these be required?
4. Will the stock shocks top out with a rear lift? Any other noises/ride quality issues to be aware of?

The lift is mostly for clearance on forest service roads throughout British Columbia. It's not real off-roading, but they can be pretty rough/washed out.
1: in the rear spacers are not an issue but replacing the spring is recommended
2: only some do not all
3: if you’re driving washed out roads yes. The extras are rear swaybar drop brackets
4: answered the shock question in #3

I’ve personally installed this setup 100’s of times and my recommendation is to reach out to @Nick@GotExhaust
He can set you up with bilstein’s all the way around, icon dual rate rear coils with 1.5” lift, core 4x4 rear swaybar endlinks for the lifted application.

For a better ride, comfort comes with a price increase. Replace the Bilsteins above with fox 2.0’s all the way around. Not only will you not have to mess with spring compressors. The fox 2.0’s are coilovers not struts (big upgrade) but still reasonably priced compared to the larger 2.5 coilovers

OP
OP
W

willtoride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, that's great info. So I'll do shocks all around at a minimum, along with the rear swaybar drop brackets. Might as well replace the rear spring. I'll look into the fox 2.0 as well.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1: in the rear spacers are not an issue but replacing the spring is recommended
2: only some do not all
3: if you’re driving washed out roads yes. The extras are rear swaybar drop brackets
4: answered the shock question in #3

I’ve personally installed this setup 100’s of times and my recommendation is to reach out to @Nick@GotExhaust
He can set you up with bilstein’s all the way around, icon dual rate rear coils with 1.5” lift, core 4x4 rear swaybar endlinks for the lifted application.

For a better ride, comfort comes with a price increase. Replace the Bilsteins above with fox 2.0’s all the way around. Not only will you not have to mess with spring compressors. The fox 2.0’s are coilovers not struts (big upgrade) but still reasonably priced compared to the larger 2.5 coilovers

This is spot on info here. Exactly what I would recommend.

Message me if you would like a quote on anything. We can help get you set up!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks, that's great info. So I'll do shocks all around at a minimum, along with the rear swaybar drop brackets. Might as well replace the rear spring. I'll look into the fox 2.0 as well.
There are other options but shop a little get comfortable with the prices then @Nick@GotExhaust can quote you with your forum member discounted price