Rear Wheel Axle Seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMcWeed 59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was hoping for some advise, recomendations, part numbers and tips. Our 2018 RAM 3500 1 Ton SRW 4x4 crew cab w/6.7 L Cummins while doing the brakes it was noticed it has a leaking R.R wheel seal. What size socket is needed to remove and re-install the large wheel bearing/axle hub nut I heard 2 1/2 ",2 9/16 " several varying metric sizes. When re-assembling what torque or technique is used to pre-load that nut and wheel bearings? Thanks to all who reply!

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here is a video. There are several I just linked the first one. I did mine last year, pretty straight forward. No need for a big socket.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The rear is not like the front. There is no single large nut that holds the hub on like the front hubs.

OP
OP
T

TMcWeed 59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just been watching a few videos online. It appeared for the short time I was looking at our R.R hub there was a ring gear of some type around the axle side of the hub on the outer edge. Should have paid more attention but is this part of the hub as it appeared to be and is it a componemnt of the park/emergency brake system? Most videos show a nut of some type holding the bearings and hub with a varying type of locking ring,clip but nothing like our 2018? I just want to be sure it's a straight forward removal and replacement but it's looking otherwise.