Rebel G/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just contacted FCA and they looked up my VON, The Truck has been built and is now getting the options and uprades installed.
Color me skeptical but why would it be getting options and upgrades installed after the fact if it's already built? I'm not even sure what that means. In my mind it would get the options and upgrades installed during the build process. I can't help thinking they are stringing you along. I do appreciate your keeping us updated, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you get your truck soon.

Just out of curiosity, when you say you contacted FCA, who specifically did you contact? From what I've read, the main contacts are your dealer or RAM chat.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Color me skeptical but why would it be getting options and upgrades installed after the fact if it's already built? I'm not even sure what that means. In my mind it would get the options and upgrades installed during the build process. I can't help thinking they are stringing you along. I do appreciate your keeping us updated, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you get your truck soon.

Just out of curiosity, when you say you contacted FCA, who specifically did you contact? From what I've read, the main contacts are your dealer or RAM chat.

I'm guessing they meant that it had been built and was on it's way to the vendor for accessory install (running boars/tonneau cover etc) as is the usual process for the trucks. His window sticker should be viewable at this point and the window sticker should once it's out of the vendor and has a ship date (I believe).

I'd be skeptical of any update I got though until I had that build sheet, that would be the only thing to make me believe the statement they gave @Bstrini at this time.

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Funny thing is, you cannot build 2022 1500s on RAMTRUCKS.com as of yesterday.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mikeru , JoeCo snd FarmerFran. Just got my shipping status as KZ, further checking stated it was released to rail and should arrive SLC by 10/9/2021
That's fantastic! I'm glad I was wrong for your sake. It seems that the 2022's are not being built based on VIN. It looks more like they are building them based on destination. Although it's difficult to tell for sure. This would make sense at this time because of the issues with transportation. I'm happy for you and can't wait to see pics of your truck after you take delivery!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Is it classic? Or gen5?
They don't produce the classic in Rebel trim. It's a 5th gen.

In fact, I can't remember seeing anything about the classic continuing for the 2022 model year. I guess I assumed they will be but can't confirm that.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's fantastic! I'm glad I was wrong for your sake. It seems that the 2022's are not being built based on VIN. It looks more like they are building them based on destination. Although it's difficult to tell for sure. This would make sense at this time because of the issues with transportation. I'm happy for you and can't wait to see pics of your truck after you take delivery!

Likewise! Happily wrong on this one and also will look forward to seeing some pictures!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Excellent! Can't wait to see pics. :waytogo:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey All, You can now build and price the 2022 Ram 1500 on the ramtrucks.com site. The Classic is no longer available. BTW my Rebel G/T will be here next week, Confirmed.
The end of a great era. Congrats on the Rebel G/T! I cant wait to see pics!

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Mikeru , JoeCo snd FarmerFran. Just got my shipping status as KZ, further checking stated it was released to rail and should arrive SLC by 10/9/2021
Update. the Rebel G/T is in SLC. As of yesterday it was not yet unloaded off the rail. Dealer states it should be ready to pick up on Thursday! Sleepless nights ahead!!!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update. the Rebel G/T is in SLC. As of yesterday it was not yet unloaded off the rail. Dealer states it should be ready to pick up on Thursday! Sleepless nights ahead!!!

Going to be a long couple of days!!