Rebel G/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
sweet, any ETA?

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Ok, what is a GT

EDIT.. found it on MT website.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just ordered a 22 Rebel G/T. Can't wait!!!
Congrats on your order! The GT package sounds very appealing to me. I might have waited on buying a truck if I had known about this package back in April.

On a more depressing note, I hope you're able to take delivery of it before the end of the year. Tens of thousands of orders for 2022 models have been placed since early May, but the plant hasn't even started building them yet. They're still finishing up the orders that were placed for 2021's that were placed through late April. Add to that the fact that they keep shutting the plant down for lack of parts. I'm not trying to depress you, and I hope your wait isn't a long one. I just wanted you to know the reality of the situation.

Southern Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats. I’m guessing it’s a new package offered for the 22 and up trucks.

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
made my weekly stop at the Dealer to check on my new truck status. D1, Vin and VON assigned and an estimated ship date of 9/22/21. If this is accurate should have my new Ram Rebel G/T by the end of the month!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
made my weekly stop at the Dealer to check on my new truck status. D1, Vin and VON assigned and an estimated ship date of 9/22/21. If this is accurate should have my new Ram Rebel G/T by the end of the month!
Oh, now I wouldn't be able to sleep!

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's only 10 days out - and they haven't even started building '22's yet. I hope your dealer is right, but that sounds a little over optimistic to me.

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
That's only 10 days out - and they haven't even started building '22's yet. I hope your dealer is right, but that sounds a little over optimistic to me
I'm hoping it's accurate. Got the printed status from their order site.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It would take a miracle for that to happen. Several people in another forum said their trucks were in D1 status, only to come back later to say it reverted to C status (whatever that means).
That's only 10 days out - and they haven't even started building '22's yet. I hope your dealer is right, but that sounds a little over optimistic to me.
There have been over 72k orders for 2022 ram 1500 trucks placed to date, and Ram hasn't started building any of them from what I've been reading. I feel like Bstrini's dealership is either not being truthful or is clueless as to when it will actually ship. Even before all this craziness started, less than 4 weeks from order placement to ship date was quicker than normal. I hope for his sake that I'm wrong, but from what I've been reading I don't see how it could possibly happen.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would take a miracle for that to happen. Several people in another forum said their trucks were in D1 status, only to come back later to say it reverted to C status (whatever that means).

There have been over 72k orders for 2022 ram 1500 trucks placed to date, and Ram hasn't started building any of them from what I've been reading. I feel like Bstrini's dealership is either not being truthful or is clueless as to when it will actually ship. Even before all this craziness started, less than 4 weeks from order placement to ship date was quicker than normal. I hope for his sake that I'm wrong, but from what I've been reading I don't see how it could possibly happen.

Agreed, hopefully that estimate ends up being accurate but I highly doubt it, for the same reasons you listed. Just seeing the 2022 order thread on the other ram forum would say that this would be highly unlikely.

Considering they started taking 22 orders in May and those people still aren't close to getting their trucks, I don't think he will be seeing his truck very soon. Although flukes happen so you never know, definitely keep us updated on it OP!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I read something on a FLEET ORDERING SITE
They were going to start building 2022 Rams on September 8th
I thought that the date was strange, being as i don't recall hearing of them starting a Build Mid Week in any year
Start ups are usually on Monday

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been trying to order a classic myself for about a month now. But I can't find a dealership in town that will let me. Their earliest estimates were mid October to late November.

Best of luck to OP, I am having nothing but **** luck myself.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I read something on a FLEET ORDERING SITE
They were going to start building 2022 Rams on September 8th
I thought that the date was strange, being as i don't recall hearing of them starting a Build Mid Week in any year
Start ups are usually on Monday
All true, but these are strange times .

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Grats on the new Truck. I was going to cancel my Rebel and get GT.

Hope to see some Pictures.
Did you have buy vinyl/leather seats? When I was trying build the GT, it was only option.

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Grats on the new Truck. I was going to cancel my Rebel and get GT.

Hope to see some Pictures.
Did you have buy vinyl/leather seats? When I was trying build the GT, it was only option.
I wanted the heated bucket seats so yes, Leather trimmed vinyl.

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque

I just contacted FCA and they looked up my VON, The Truck has been built and is now getting the options and uprades installed.

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I just contacted FCA and they looked up my VON, The Truck has been built and is now getting the options and uprades installed.
They actually suggested I contact them again later in the week and check for Dealer ETA.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
ready for some pics!