Rebuild Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgugler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im chasing a few issues on the front end of my 17 2500 tradesman. One of those being that ball joints are going bad. Since all the parts are all stock still, were looking at rebuilding the front end to get ahead of any major issues. And I'm using it more and more for pulling so figured now is a good time to do this. On the list so far I have ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, and control arms. What other things am I missing? The drag link was just replaced by Ram in February. The track bar is the tightest track bar my mechanic has ever seen. Along with what to replace, what brands would you recommend? Obviously I want this done right to prevent further issues. It's been a history in itself on this truck, but otherwise I love the truck. Truck does have a 3'' leveling kit, its on 285/75/18 tires, Ballistic rims, I believe bilstein shocks, 4x4, 5.7 hemi. Another project is replacing the manifold bolts later on but thatll be a post later on.

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Don't cheap out on ball joints or hub bearing assemblies
Moog generally don't last
I have Dynatrac rebuildable ball joints on my 2012 Power Wagon with 105k on them with no issues
Carli and EMF also make good quality ones
Apex Chassis recently started offering ball joints that I'll be installing on my other Power Wagon this coming weekend

For replacement bearing assemblies,Timken and SKF are usually the better,longer lasting ones

OP
OP
C

cgugler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Apex chassis ball joints are ones I'm currently eyeing but wasn't sure how good they were. I found a set of wheel bearings for $350, which is what I've been seeing those run. Not sure on brand though. I've been seeing a lot of bad on moog so I'll be staying away from those.