Recall Notice for RAM Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
yayy another issue. I went in last year for the other rear end recall. I guess i'll find out in a month or so if I have to do this.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I was looking into this pinion nut thing, and it appears all the dealer does is torque to specs and lock tite. It doesn't look like it would be that hard of a job. What are the thoughts on DIY

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I was looking into this pinion nut thing, and it appears all the dealer does is torque to specs and lock tite. It doesn't look like it would be that hard of a job. What are the thoughts on DIY

Personally even if it's easy, it's still internal and I would rather have the dealer do it. Mainly because there would be a record of the repair. If something happened to the rear end I'd be afraid they would give me a hard time on the warranty if it looked like I ignored a recall.

My Vin checked out okay, but I'm not sure if it's because the recall isn't officially out yet or not.

Ray

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would definitely let the dealer do it so if anything happens its on them.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Chances are good the dealer won't do it right anyway so probably about as safe either way... :devilfinger:

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
True, but at least if they do it and something still happens they'll be responsible for all the damages. Not the case if you try to fix it yourself.

Roll_HEMI_Tide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for 'jacking the thread, but I have a question about recalls. My Ram is a 2006 model and has some mighty suspicious squeaking coming from the front-left tire.

I cam across a recall notice on 2006 model trucks concerning wheel bearings? Question is...do recalls expire? Can I call up the dealer and have them replaced for free?

Also...where the hell is the axle nut on this damn truck? It's a 2wd.

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Sorry for 'jacking the thread, but I have a question about recalls. My Ram is a 2006 model and has some mighty suspicious squeaking coming from the front-left tire.

I cam across a recall notice on 2006 model trucks concerning wheel bearings? Question is...do recalls expire? Can I call up the dealer and have them replaced for free?

Also...where the hell is the axle nut on this damn truck? It's a 2wd.

You'll have to run your VIN, and see if your truck is included in that recall. If so they should replace it with out a price. The little center wheel cover is usually concealing the rusty axle bolt that holds the hub to the axle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Almost a year later and part now being available I brought mine in... Loose and they want it for about 6 hours of rebuild we will see what happens since I have regeared and when they open it up they will freak. I explained to service advisor she has been opened up about 4 times for bearings and seals and LSD. They did give me a free rental but I am expecting call about what they find.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Almost a year later and part now being available I brought mine in... Loose and they want it for about 6 hours of rebuild we will see what happens since I have regeared and when they open it up they will freak. I explained to service advisor she has been opened up about 4 times for bearings and seals and LSD. They did give me a free rental but I am expecting call about what they find.

I was told if the gears were bad the recall covered them being replaced... might want to make sure they dont slap stock gears back in there again...

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds good I'll make sure. Thank you.

$miley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
They opened it up and then called me to say everything in there looked aftermarket... YEAH I told the advisor that! So they said they did the new pinion nut and filled her back up. They tried to charge me 70 some odd dollars and I went back to the counter to challenge it. I explained that I had told the advisor that the rearend had been redone and been apart about 4 times. She said no problem we are only concerned with the pinion area anyway for this recall. So they took of the charges and gave me some sob story about she being the advisor should not have taken it in to work on knowing that. Not my problem the design was an issue so I felt it was fair they rectify that part of the axle despite me having different gears and an auburn. Had I been someone else I would have just paid it and left but I went out of my way to tell the advisor situation and she chose to continue and take it in. I think if I had to do it all over again I would do factory 4.10 so the warranty is not always an issue. Funny many if the Mopar parts are made by aftermarket suppliers yet when it comes to anything "not stock" they freak out. I am fixed and no rearend issues for now I guess.

$miley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca