RECALL Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone, just logged into my Owner account and got a recall notice. The link it gives that goes to the bulletin doesn't work, but it's listed as "REPROGRAM RADIO FREQUENCY HUB MODULE" and states to contact dealer. I did so, and will bring it in tomorrow...dealer says it's to update the software that the key fob/mobile app uses to communicate with the truck and unlock doors, start the vehicle, etc.

Since their link to info doesn't work, I can't tell how many/which specific trucks it affects, but for what its worth, I have a 2014 5.7L Outdoorsman that hasn't been out of the factory for more than 2 weeks. Wonderful.

You might want to check to see if it affected you, too.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is being called for that too but I don't have any issues so I'm going to wait on it. I've heard stories of these updates having negative effects on other functions.

If you've already gone, let me know how it worked out.

OP
OP
EOD_Tex

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will do. I do notice a couple things: The USB connection to the radio stopped working a day ago, but my USB drive works fine. Second, I get a 'Battery Low, Start Engine to Adjust Ride Height" message intermittently. When I was on the phone with Chrysler talking about a mirror swap just a bit ago, they talked to me about this also, and she told me Chrysler released this for quite a few vehicles to fix "at least" the USB problem, and some people were having issues with their ignition/key fobs. If I didn't already have that issue, I may have hesitated like you but it looks like I need to have it done. I'll post an update with how it went tomorrow.

BigAlH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine is being called for that too but I don't have any issues so I'm going to wait on it. I've heard stories of these updates having negative effects on other functions.

Dealer called me today and I scheduled an appointment to go in next Wednesday. I have no problem right now and don't want to cause any...

-al

OP
OP
EOD_Tex

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the recall issue cleared out. My USB media port works again and I haven't seen the "Low Battery" message anymore, so it appears it worked. Time will tell on the air suspension/battery thing but I can say that at the very least my USB works again, and my remote start is also working properly.

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2014 big horn. its on my account too but they haven't called me/no email/nothing. You'd think you get an email or something.. What are the problems people are having with their key fob? Only thing I notice is the range sucks balls. I don't use the usb. the 8.4 uconnect seems to work fine with everything too

VectorZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had mine done this week. The service rep said some trucks were not locking or unlocking properly with the key fob and this takes care of that. He seemed to think it was a problem on earlier builds but not the recent one. It took about 30 minutes.

BigAlH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Took my truck in.. it had something to do with the central computer needing flashing. Unfortunately after doing that I started having problems with my radio. It would randomly switch to AUX input (nothing plugged in) then back to radio (sat.). It doesn't happen all the time, but when it will go nuts and switch back and forth.

Took it back in and they said there are some problems with the media hub in the center console incorrectly detecting something plugged in. Getting a new one next week.

Frustrating as everything worked great before this.

We'll see if that fixes it.

-al

OP
OP
EOD_Tex

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What a pain...your fear was that something might go wrong. I kinda wish our trucks were "dumb" again

OP
OP
EOD_Tex

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had mine done this week. The service rep said some trucks were not locking or unlocking properly with the key fob and this takes care of that. He seemed to think it was a problem on earlier builds but not the recent one. It took about 30 minutes.

My truck just came off the assembly line in April and mine was affected.

stretch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 57
Since its my truck that started this all ill expain what is going on..

I bought my truck last sept 2013 2 weeks later on a friday i started up my truck no dash lights no raido no head lights couldnt even see how fast i was goin but it was light out so i went up to the dealership the service department was closed i turned off the truck and ran into the dealership and was speaking to the manager he took my truck for a drive and when he started it all was fine he told me to come back monday and get them to check it out.. that weekend driving in the night i lost everything while drivin wasnt a fun time.. took my truck in and they replaced the hub worked fine till i got back home from out west working few hours away from home in day light everything shut down and booted back up again so when i got back home i put it back in the shop and yet again it was the rf hub 2 times was enough for me.. 3rd time i might end up killing someone or myself i explain to the service manager i can only drive the truck in the daylight that just replacing the rf hub isnt fixing the problem i told him i dont care if he rips every wire out and replaces it i want it fix he told me that wont happen so i said well wheel me out a new truck and that wasnt happening neather. so i got in contact with camvap and me the manufacturer and arbitrator are going to have a sit down.. i didnt explain all of them but i had 5 rentals and still have the same problem just have no idea when it will go again.. i had that recall didnt fix the prob.. so this could never be fixed and prob is only my truck.. so if they wanna make me happy fix it.. replace it with another truck or pay off my loan so i can get another ram.. i will be sticking with ram all my friends have the same ram no problems prob 1 out of billion..

Sorry my truck is a 14 Dodge RAm 1500 hemi

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, just logged into my Owner account and got a recall notice. The link it gives that goes to the bulletin doesn't work, but it's listed as "REPROGRAM RADIO FREQUENCY HUB MODULE" and states to contact dealer. I did so, and will bring it in tomorrow...dealer says it's to update the software that the key fob/mobile app uses to communicate with the truck and unlock doors, start the vehicle, etc.

Since their link to info doesn't work, I can't tell how many/which specific trucks it affects, but for what its worth, I have a 2014 5.7L Outdoorsman that hasn't been out of the factory for more than 2 weeks. Wonderful.

You might want to check to see if it affected you, too.

Got it in mail think they did mine at last oil change though. Mine is 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No difference that i can tell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Mine had the recall, and I had it done since I was due for an oil change anyway. Not noticing anything different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2500 had this same recall. No issues prior. After getting it done all seemed normal except one instance where my reverse camera did not display on my rear view mirror. When I drove the truck the following day it worked and have not experienced it again (knock on wood). Don't know if it was related to the flash or not.

OP
OP
EOD_Tex

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good deal, let's home not. I'm still having electrical issues that I'm going to search around for info on. My USB hub (music slot, not the charge only slot) freezes up whenever I try to get it to play, and I keep getting a "Battery Low, Start Engine to Adjust Ride Height" message. SIGH...