3.5 lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2022 Bighorn that I bought used. It already had the wheels changed to 22" and leveled. I have no idea what brand the wheels are, offset, or the measurements other than they are 22".
I believe I am wanting to do a 3.5 ready lift (still debating of possible 4) I would also like to upgrade to 20" wheels with 35" tires, but that "probably wont happen until a little bit later.
I also will only be using this for street driving and maybe some very light offroad, like dirt or gravel lanes.
Sorry for the newbie questions. I've had many trucks during my 55 years, but have never lifted one.
My question are
will the stock front and rear shocks work fine for this, or should I upgrade them.
I'm reading that there are differences between trucks that came with 22's and 20's. I'm guessing them mine came originally with 20's but since I didn't buy it new i'm not positive.
I would also like to switch to HD springs for the rear to keep if from sagging so bad when anything it in the bed or i'm pulling a trailer. Any suggestions?
And lastly, (alot I know, sorry) I belive that I will have to recalibrate the speedometer, align the headlights. and possibly get an alignment. Anything else that I'm not thinking of?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 6

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
We’ve been seeing some issues with the RL 3.5 on the 5th Gen trucks and highly encourage doing a zone/BDS 4” lift or the eibach 3” and steer clear from the 3.5” mark our trucks don’t seem to like that height

OP
OP
cike

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We’ve been seeing some issues with the RL 3.5 on the 5th Gen trucks and highly encourage doing a zone/BDS 4” lift or the eibach 3” and steer clear from the 3.5” mark our trucks don’t seem to like that height
thanks for the info, The BDS 4" is the other one that I was considering... appriciate it!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
thanks for the info, The BDS 4" is the other one that I was considering... appriciate it!
No problem you’ve found the right forum to bring you questions to. If you call the dealer with your vin they should be able to tell you what wheel your truck came with. You’ll need that info for hub information, brakes, suspension components etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357