Red Interior LED Bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone replaced their stock map & dome lights with red colored LED equivalents? Red lights are much easier on my eyes at night. Yes, you could disable all the interior lights but then it's totally dark. :(

Tried using 3M red lens tape and the adhesive doesn't hold up to the AZ summers (>115 deg in the shade every day this week), not to mention looking extremely ghetto.

I found these red LEDs at 50 lumens each, but they're really spendy ($12 each!):

Lumen® - Dodge Ram 2014 Map Light LED Bulbs

No luck on finding a red LED replacement for the dome light.

Any suggestions/experiences?

SWJewellTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I had red interior lights and red license plate lights on my 2013 BOSS 302. It was indeed a lot easier on the eyes when you flipped them on at night, and it matched the red paint of the car. :)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone replaced their stock map & dome lights with red colored LED equivalents? Red lights are much easier on my eyes at night. Yes, you could disable all the interior lights but then it's totally dark. :(

Tried using 3M red lens tape and the adhesive doesn't hold up to the AZ summers (>115 deg in the shade every day this week), not to mention looking extremely ghetto.

I found these red LEDs at 50 lumens each, but they're really spendy ($12 each!):

Lumen® - Dodge Ram 2014 Map Light LED Bulbs

No luck on finding a red LED replacement for the dome light.

Any suggestions/experiences?

These. I have used the white version in my truck all over (map lights, license, rambox) and they work great. I'm putting the red ones in just the map lights for the same reason you describe (easier on the eyes at night), but I'm keeping the dome light white.

OP
OP
A

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These. I have used the white version in my truck all over (map lights, license, rambox) and they work great. I'm putting the red ones in just the map lights for the same reason you describe (easier on the eyes at night), but I'm keeping the dome light white.

Here's another suggestion (shameless plagiarized from the other forum) on SuperBrightLEDs.com:

Interior Lights

Overhead Console Lamps TS 212–9 = 4410-CW9 Cool White

Dome Lamp (Map/Courtesy/Reading Light) 7679 = 921-NW12 Natural White

Footwell lights (not mentioned in the OM) 906 = 194 LED Bulb - 10 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower

They appear to have red versions of the overhead console and dome lights but not the footwell lights

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

moledodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DAT HEMIIIIIII 5.7
I got mine off of ebay for about 2.50 for the map lights and three bucks for the dome. Make sure you get canbus leds or else they will only come on when the Dorr is open and not when you push the button. Also check your map lights firdt as I guess some are the festooned bulbs. Mine was the push style I believe 194's for the map and then a large festoon for the dome. The only problem is o ordered them from China to save money and had to wait forever for them.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You can get them cheap and quick on Amazon. A pack of 10 LED 194 bulbs is only $13...4 for $7

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

acwood04

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445406659.924244.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445406681.852708.jpg
I actually got these small 5 mm diameter LEDs on Amazon and wired them to a switch so I can turn them on and off... They are not noticeable from outside the truck, and also they shine just enough light to be able to see in your lap... Pretty happy with hem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500